So... dabbled in the world of annealing, and I gotta say I'm sold on it. I did probably 200 cases of 300BLK, using the redneck method of a deep socket and drill with a propane torch. I did use the 750° Tempilaq, timed 5 cases with it and did an average. Then got a metronome app on my tablet and went to work (while watching John Wick... love that movie!)

so long story even longer, I just loaded up the rounds, but at the same time I threw in 5 cases that I had NOT annealed, and I'll be damned if I wasn't able to pick out those 5 cases while seating the bullets. I got into a rhythm and the neck tension while seating the bullets was very, very uniform... I was able to pick out the 5 non-annealed due to the fact that 3 were quite a bit easier, and 2 required a bit more effort to seat, and that was after I had resized them all. I can see how that could possibly help with uniformity in rounds... better accuracy? less variance between rounds? May have to try some testing at the range.

But ... if I'm going to do much, I gotta make a machine to do it. Talk about a total time consumer! Some good DIY plans out there it seems. Anyone have any experience with them? can't see spending $500 for a Girand, but others claim the DIY ones are around $100 in parts, and the time to make/test it. Don't have a shop with the awesome set of tools, but may give it a whirl. Gotta be better than a drill/socket combo (but that'll do for now)