Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pre-SHOT SHOW 09 rumors, guesses, hopes, etc..

SHOT 09 is just about a month away, so I figure its about time we got a thread started for rumors, ideas, hopes, and hope nots.

While in general the board is looking for solid info based on first hand use, this thread is open for any rumors or second hand info that relates to SHOT Show items.

So far, I've heard of a few .308s, which I welcome on one hand, but on the other hand I wish this would have been taken care of when we saw half way decent .308 prices 5 years ago. For functional combat .308 systems, KAC and Noveske, along with Armalite already have a pretty good grasp on the market. For upcoming systems, Magpul has me intrigued with their project. Other offerings coming up that are based on the AR10 seem to be jumping on the me-to wagon, though I guess thats not always a bad thing. I wonder if the FAL design will have anything new this year.... DSA seems to have that market down pat, so anything else that comes up I would expect to see from them. The .308 bullpup design that we saw awhile back from another company never seemed to go anywhere, so I've got to wonder if someone else picked it up and is working on it.

New magazines were in concept stage last year, and we should be seeing final production versions right around SHOT 09. Tango Down has a unique take on these, and it will be interesting to see how they do. TD has a pretty solid knowledge of the market, and isn't new to polymers, but the beast to beat is still the PMAG, which is being used by some well placed units. Other magazines are coming as well, and I would guess that CAA and TD aren't the only ones.

Stocks for the M16/ AR15 family are another guess. Magpul has released prototypes of their ACS, and I'm guessing that we will see production level models this year. I've heard of a few other stocks that may be getting released, but not from Magpul. Think more along the lines of CAA, and possible some others.

Pistol grips for the ARs are going to be MOE and MOE + from Magpul, with the rumor of another well known company altering one of their grips and releasing it for SHOT. The MOE and MOE+ are already known items, but most people haven't laid hands on the + series yet.

Rails & handguards should be showing some new lines this SHOT. Most people are already aware of the MOE handguard, but I'm guessing production models are going to be shown and/ or released around Jan 09. Rails are going to see some new things, and from more than one company. Expect a few different models, and to cover a few different price points.

Slings are an item which tends to go unnoticed, but I think they are getting popular enough that we will start to see more and more people releasing them on a regular basis. While on that note, I think Gear Sector should release its GS-2P as a new sling with the adjustable 1 point layout. I've been using that, and I think its different enough that it deserves its own name. Most other convertible slings aren't worth the time it takes to type out the name (just my opinion).

There is probably more, but thats about all I have time for right now, I'm interested in hearing from you guys in what you would like to see, what rumors you've heard, and what is overplayed or shouldn't make it to the SHOT floor......

Downloads
    Uploads

SHOT 2009

I would like to see more piston AR (223, 6.8mm, 6.5, 308)and 6.8mm gadgets and widgets out there. This include standards for 6.8mm, ammo and barrel production. I hope the economy will allow R&D to get busy with the next generation of military & LEO service weapons such as tasers, pistols and rifles-PDW style. Lastly, I hope they do this before congress change their collective minds about our rights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully we'll get a solid release date for the ACR and a hands on preview of the Massoud
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    This just in.....

Think short term, and get ready for a good sized announcement. No further comment for right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    This just in.....

Think short term, and get ready for a good sized announcement. No further comment for right now.
    The moe handguards and mbus are shipping soon? At least that would be monumental to me (I would really like both to finish my rifle).

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

This just in.....

your getting good at the tease Stick
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll be nice to see some actual scrutiny on the four new Colt models. Complete versions of all the IAR entries is something I'm quite interested in.

Even if they can't produce in the numbers needed to meet demand, a final iteration of the ACR/Masada will still garner a large percentage of the press. They'll probably announce progress on another caliber, and leave it at that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    your getting good at the tease Stick

Confirmed for release of information this week.....

If I could comment on this now, I would.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This just in.....

What? Magpul has figured out how to clone PMags and will be filling backorders?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Info should be released sometime today....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all ears.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The new Noveske/ Magpul weapon info has been released, I'll drop a link here in a minute.

http://www.magpul.com/

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=77

WEVO announcement link

Last edited by Stickman; 17 December 2008 at 12:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

That's a sweet little F'nB!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The below thread is for discussion of the "NOVESKE/ MAGPUL LIMITED EDITION MPL LIGHT RECCE". I should have got it up earlier, but I was busy posting pictures.....

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...=5241#post5241

Downloads
    Uploads
    New rumors heard today were for a manufacturer hinting about releasing a .50 at SHOT. I would take this one with a grain of salt as this group is often less than credible, but it is still a rumor.