Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HK will be showing their civi-AR. They will be marked MR 556 & MR 762. Manufactured in "New Hampshire".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
    HK will be showing their civi-AR. They will be marked MR 556 & MR 762. Manufactured in "New Hampshire".
    By Wilcox Industries, then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if it looks like the MR223 that was released in Canada it is fugly and almost looks nothing the the 416.

I'm holding out for the release of the ACR, hopefully [puke]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested to learn more about Burris's new AR-332 prism sight.
    I found a little info on them here. http://www.gunsandhunting.com/SHOT-09-2.html
    I'm guessing at that price it's imported, but if it is at least somewhat durable, it might find its way onto one of my A2 rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW-ONE View Post
    if it looks like the MR223 that was released in Canada it is fugly and almost looks nothing the the 416.

I'm holding out for the release of the ACR, hopefully [puke]
    It does not look like the MR223. The MR223 is built around German laws. I will be able to post a pic of the US rifle in a few days I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does not look like the MR223. The MR223 is built around German laws. I will be able to post a pic of the US rifle in a few days I think.
    cool, are you going to SHOT? I did see pics of the so called U.S. version and it still didnt look like the 416. Do you know any details?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 416 and 417 civilian variants should both be released as far as I know, and I haven't heard anything about a retro un-416 looking version being released.

The upcoming Accupoint is one that has been talked about before last SHOT, so hopefully we will see it at this one. I had heard there was a delay, and that we should have seen it already, but there was no solid reason given as to what or why.

Eotech was supposed to release a 123 battery non-riser variant already, but MIL contracts may be what sidetracked that one. I've heard by a reliable source that their QC appears to be slipping currently, which is something that needs to be dealt with unless they want Aimpoint to own the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom-X_Sponjah View Post
    Wouldn't have anything to do with armor would it??

CXS

If we are both thinking about the same manufacturers and umbrella corporations, that isn't what I mean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rich hinted at the MBUS over on a thread on ARFCOM. Even posted pics of the "final" version.

As for the DD Vert Grip, it looks nice. About the same size as TD, but shaped differently. Uses a connection that reminds me of the KAC unit, but is different. Some of their other new items look real nice as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would expect to see the MBUS, especially after Richard dropped pictures a month or so ago. I would also expect to see a few other production items.

I would not expect the ACR to be released.

GIFF- Have you had a chance to handle the DD VFG"? If so would you rate the grip as a little smaller/ thinner than the TD version? It certainly appears so from what I've seen, but not by much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Stickman;5634]I would expect to see the MBUS, especially after Richard dropped pictures a month or so ago. I would also expect to see a few other production items.

you dont think we will EVER see the ACR this year or just at shot? Do you think Bushmaster is doing this because of the Army trials or are just trying to sell more of the AR's so they can continue to dominate the AR market? I just think it sucks that Magpul made the masada for the civilian market and now we might never get it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,
    I've not held the TD, but Jay forwarded me the document on it since I can't hit SHOT due to our newborn kiddo. Looks to be a bit smaller than the TD and more symmetrical. It does incorporate storage as well. Texturing reminds me of an A2 grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would expect to see the MBUS, especially after Richard dropped pictures a month or so ago. I would also expect to see a few other production items.

GIFF- Have you had a chance to handle the DD VFG"? If so would you rate the grip as a little smaller/ thinner than the TD version? It certainly appears so from what I've seen, but not by much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Eotech was supposed to release a 123 battery non-riser variant already, but MIL contracts may be what sidetracked that one. I've heard by a reliable source that their QC appears to be slipping currently, which is something that needs to be dealt with unless they want Aimpoint to own the market.
    I saw a proto of the upgraded battery box/CR123/NO riser Eotech this past summer at a training course. The battery box had a threaded battery cap that was on the side of the battery compartment. I have a 512 that I have not had any issues with, but the proto I saw would be a welcome improvement over the current design. Hopefully they will get it together....

Downloads
    Uploads
    OO,

The ACR will be released, but its primary focus currently is the meeting military requirements for upcoming military trials.

I don't work for Magpul, Bushmaster, or Cerberus, but the above is my understanding of what is happening with the program.

The ACR will yield its final fruit to the civilian market, I don't have much doubt about that, but its time frame is what is in the air. I do question whether everyone at Bushmaster put their full force behind the project when it first arrived. Had that happened, I feel we would be looking at two variants, one ACR which would have been released, and one which would have been altered for MIL projects.

I would not have been opposed to seeing a earlier release of the ACR, but part of that would be for selfish reasons. I would have liked to have owned one back in late 2006 when I first had a chance to play around with it. HOWEVER, it is entirely possible that a revised ACR, developed for a MIL contract or around MIL constraints, may lead to an overall superior weapon down the road. If 20 years from now we are sitting around in cyberspace talking about how the Military ACR/ M-Whatever had a hard time getting off the group, people will probably laugh at us and call us liars.

Again, for clarity, these are my thoughts, and not those of the guys developing, creating, or working on the Masada/ ACR project, nor do I know in whos hands the final project will end up in the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Anything on the grapevine about the Vltor Fortis?
    I'm sorry for reposting but I really want to know about this one, if anyone has anything.