Downloads
    Uploads

Advanced Armament Corp. 762-SD and 556-SD

I'm not sure how I missed this announcement from Advanced Armament Corp. They are bringing back the 762-SD and introducting a new 556-SD suppressor. Both suppressors look like excellent values for the money, each coming in at an MSRP of $650.

Originally developed for the military, the 556-SD is designed to be mass produced and dirt cheap while still having the durability and effectiveness that we've come to expect from AAC. They will start production somewhere in Q2 of this year and will utilize the 51T mounts currently used.

Also the 762-SD is back in the lineup for 2014. The original 762-SD became the shorter 762SDN6. The new 762-SD will feature a new all-inconel baffle stack for added longevity. Looking at the spec sheet from AAC, the 762-SD will be several inches longer, and a couple of decibels louder than the 762SDN6, however, like I mentioned will be at a lower price point of $650. Check out all of AAC's new suppressors on their website here.

Description 762-SD:

The 762-SD™ returns to the AAC product line in 2014, reborn with improved durability and performance. The new 762-SD™ features an all-Inconel® baffle stack that has been redesigned for improved efficiency with full power 7.62 x 51mm ammunition. The 762-SD™ uses the best-selling 51T Ratchet Mount fast-attach system that enables users to install or remove the silencer in seconds. Although optimized for 7.62mm x 51 ammunition, the 762-SD™ is an excellent multi-caliber silencer that offers excellent performance on hosts chambered in 300 AAC Blackout, 6.8 SPC, and 5.56mm.

Caliber: 7.62 NATO
    Weight: 23 oz
    Length: 9"
    Diameter: 1.50"
    Finish: Cerakote™
    Sound Reduction: 30dB*
    Mount: 51T Ratchet Mount™
    Materials: Inconel® 718, 316L SS

Description 556-SD:

The 556-SD™ is a fast attach silencer for 5.56mm hosts. With a design based on an earlier version of the best selling M4-2000™, the compact and lightweight 556-SD™ offers consumers feature-rich content and excellent value. The 556-SD™ uses the tried and true 51T Ratchet Mount™ fast-attach system that enables users to install or remove the silencer in seconds. The baffle core of the 556-SD™ features 100% Inconel® 718 and full circumferential fusion welding to provide a lifetime of use under the most demanding conditions.

Caliber: 5.56 NATO
    Weight: 18 oz
    Length: 6.7"
    Diameter: 1.50"
    Finish: Cerakote™
    Sound Reduction: 31dB*
    Mount: 51T Ratchet Mount™
    Materials: Inconel® 718, 316L SS

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a lot cheaper than I thought they'd be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will I be shot for bumping this old thread? :/

Now that the 762-SD has been out for a while, what's everyone's thoughts on it? I plan on purchasing one in the next month or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Works well. Only drawback is length in my opinion. I think the SDN6 works just as well and is several inches shorter, but obviously costs a lot more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Advanced Armament Corp. 762-SD and 556-SD

I have this version of the 762-SD. Did a short video of various calibers through it. I've been using it for a since I got it in December and overall I really like it. Length is a bit of a drawback but it doesn't bother me a whole lot. Is the SDN-6 worth the extra $300 to save 3"? Up to you naturally but I don't regret getting it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great video brother, but we need to change your name from DSTRBDMEDIC to PRETTYMEDIC or NaughtyNurse.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Great video brother, but we need to change your name from DSTRBDMEDIC to PRETTYMEDIC or NaughtyNurse.
    Haha I'm good with dstrbdmedic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely not paying $300 more for the shorter one just for casual use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely not paying $300 more for the shorter one just for casual use.
    Purely from a bang for the buck perspective, I think the SD line of suppressors from AAC are the way to go. Great entry level can, providing a good level of suppression.