Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WEVO T&E Rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Next time I'm in NC, I'm hanging out with you Will.
    Sounds good. We have a spare bedroom for you, and we're only 25 mins from the airport. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obligatory beach pic....

Downloads
    Uploads

$300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You made the right choice. Things went really slow today. 9 shooters showed up, had a bunch of no-shows (besides you) :)

Some stages were very...3-gun ish, or tactical. Others were precision. You really needed two rifles.

First was a simple 5 round group at 100, smallest group in the X got max points, then down the list.

Next was a 9 hole drill on the barrier. Fastest time, unlimited shots on steel plates at 100.

Then a 5 shot stage based around an SUV. 1st shot in the trunk out the window, then corner, underneath, hood, corner. Couple people shot the car.

On the short course, last stage was a mover, pulled back and forth randomly at 40 yards, only head shots counted. I switched to my 11.5 and a red dot and shot kneeling. Watching guys use a 6.5mm creedmoor prone trying to move a bipod around was interesting.

Long range was next. From a static position we had to shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yard plates. Unlimited ammo. Can't move on to the next plate until you hit the closer ones, etc.

Then a 300 yard paper group.

Then back to 600 for another paper group.

And finally a mystery target at ~700 yards worth 30 points if you hit it, or -30 if you miss it, one shot only.

I finished 5th and won a concealed carry class, but I messed up my 300 yard group by accidentally using the wrong hold over for the first two shots. Otherwise I would have been 3rd. The 100-600 wasn't bad, hit each target to 500 with one shot, then it took me 3 shots to hit the 600. Windy day.

Fun, but very long, and lots of down time due to the paper target scoring and limited number of shooters. The pistol competition was made separate since some people had to leave (like me).
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like it would have been a good time overall. I try to keep in mind he's growing and for the price overall it's hard to beat. Thanks for letting me know. Shoot me a line and let me know when and where Thursday if that still works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    You made the right choice. Things went really slow today. 9 shooters showed up, had a bunch of no-shows (besides you) :)

Some stages were very...3-gun ish, or tactical. Others were precision. You really needed two rifles.

First was a simple 5 round group at 100, smallest group in the X got max points, then down the list.

Next was a 9 hole drill on the barrier. Fastest time, unlimited shots on steel plates at 100.

Then a 5 shot stage based around an SUV. 1st shot in the trunk out the window, then corner, underneath, hood, corner. Couple people shot the car.

On the short course, last stage was a mover, pulled back and forth randomly at 40 yards, only head shots counted. I switched to my 11.5 and a red dot and shot kneeling. Watching guys use a 6.5mm creedmoor prone trying to move a bipod around was interesting.

Long range was next. From a static position we had to shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yard plates. Unlimited ammo. Can't move on to the next plate until you hit the closer ones, etc.

Then a 300 yard paper group.

Then back to 600 for another paper group.

And finally a mystery target at ~700 yards worth 30 points if you hit it, or -30 if you miss it, one shot only.

I finished 5th and won a concealed carry class, but I messed up my 300 yard group by accidentally using the wrong hold over for the first two shots. Otherwise I would have been 3rd. The 100-600 wasn't bad, hit each target to 500 with one shot, then it took me 3 shots to hit the 600. Windy day.

Fun, but very long, and lots of down time due to the paper target scoring and limited number of shooters. The pistol competition was made separate since some people had to leave (like me).

What in the hell kind of course or class was all that in? It sounds like a lot of fun to be honest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What in the hell kind of course or class was all that in? It sounds like a lot of fun to be honest.
    Long rang competition. Search Recondo operations group on YouTube. You can see some vids of the courses they run. Great people and it's still up and coming so they don't charge an exuberant amount for courses/classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Belly of the beast!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Long rang competition. Search Recondo operations group on YouTube. You can see some vids of the courses they run. Great people and it's still up and coming so they don't charge an exuberant amount for courses/classes.
    I will check it out. We have places where we can shoot all over the place around here but getting out to those ranges is rare. There is a club about 35 miles from my house that I can join for $750 a year (they will pro rate it if you join later on in the year)... I don't know if that's expensive or not. They have pistol ranges, shotgun ranges, 500 yard rifle ranges, and a 1000 yard lane. They host competitions and stuff every now and then from what I understand.

I have a couple of other places lined up to go shoot that are a lot closer and a lot cheaper... cheaper as in free :) Once I get my reloads all up to snuff I am definitely going to test the legs on my AR. The first place I am going to has more turf than I have AR15 for sure. I have half a mind to break out the 300WM and go for it when I go there. Pretty much the guy is loaded. He has a range marked off in the back pasture out to 1,400 yards. All I can say about that is 'it must be nice'. It's definitely good to be rich.

I am also cruising the neighborhood and looking to see if I can find other potentials as well. At the one place I mentioned before I can go for it and not really bother anyone so that's where I am going first for sure. I want to take a few hundred rounds when I go so I have my work cut out for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy Shitsnacks! We need that up here - everything is close, basic and boring! Even if I sucked (Which I would) that would be FUN.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Holy Shitsnacks! We need that up here - everything is close, basic and boring! Even if I sucked (Which I would) that would be FUN.
    I think a good portion that helps is these guys are a few miles from Ft. Bragg and are legit! Owner is retired and knows his stuff. Makes a difference in my book. Said above class was only $100.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recondo sounds fun. You guys should post some information about Recondo in the Training section.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll post some links in the next day or so. I'm sure i'd mess something right at the moment lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fun times ahead! Me and Slippers are at the range! Will update as I can!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like WAY more fun than I'm having right now!
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/