Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I agree. Glock will sell as many as they produce for awhile. The Shield is a nice gun, but I'm more of a Glock guy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    +1
    +2
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    What does this do that a G26 doesn't? Is it just that it's slimmer for carry? I understand the dimensions aren't exactly the same, but they're pretty close to a G26, so just trying to understand the market. I'm not sure either would fit my hand very well (I've held a G26 once and haven't ever shot one), but curious for later since I intend to grab a G19 in the next few months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    What does this do that a G26 doesn't? Is it just that it's slimmer for carry? I understand the dimensions aren't exactly the same, but they're pretty close to a G26, so just trying to understand the market. I'm not sure either would fit my hand very well (I've held a G26 once and haven't ever shot one), but curious for later since I intend to grab a G19 in the next few months.
    i have a 19 ther very nice i have big hands but it fit very nice
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This was posted on Mrgunsngear's Facebook page.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll need to hold one to really make up my mind, not sure if I'lll do a G42 at 0.94" wide , G43 at 1.02" wide, or stick with my G26 at 1.18" wide. The G43 is also ~4 oz lighter than the G26 when loaded, which is something else to consider.

For reference, a 1911 slide is ~0.90" wide.

what I think will be a real coup is if they do a G19-sized single-stack with magazine compatibility with the G43...
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    how wide is a Shield for comparison?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    how wide is a Shield for comparison?
    0.95"
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'll need to hold one to really make up my mind, not sure if I'lll do a G42 at 0.94" wide , G43 at 1.02" wide, or stick with my G26 at 1.18" wide. The G43 is also ~4 oz lighter than the G26 when loaded, which is something else to consider.

For reference, a 1911 slide is ~0.90" wide.

what I think will be a real coup is if they do a G19-sized single-stack with magazine compatibility with the G43...
    Ahh, okay. Thanks. Seeing the numbers altogether makes more sense. Do you (or Luis) have issues with hand size on the G26? I find that even a G17 naturally points left in my hand without the back strap. With the back strap and it's fine.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish .380 was an easier round to get and had more options, I'd be inclined to scoop up one of the 42's that will undoubtedly be on sale here soon.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, okay. Thanks. Seeing the numbers altogether makes more sense. Do you (or Luis) have issues with hand size on the G26? I find that even a G17 naturally points left in my hand without the back strap. With the back strap and it's fine.
    My first "real" handgun was a G26, the year they came out, so it's actually what I'm pretty used to.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a gen 3 and gen 4 g26 and though I shot them fairly well, they always felt uncomfortable and a bit blocky in my hands. The gen 4 was a little better with no backstrap. The g42 sized grip is a little small, so i'm hoping the g43 will be that "sweet" spot for concealed carry guns that also shoot well.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 24 March 2015 at 14:02.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to trying a 43 ... I'll probably own one just for grins but I'm heavily invested in the Shield at this point. Hard to justify changing carry guns when you consider all the added expenses: new holsters, night sights, extra magazines, and an extra pistol if you're like me ...

I still like the 26 simply for magazine compatibility with all the other 9mm Glock pistols. I carried a 26 for quite some time before moving to the Shield. It was just a little heavy and bulky for my style. That's something I haven't seen many folks discuss - a fully-loaded 43 will be substantially lighter than a 26.

Also I was completely wrong about why they built the 42 first. I watched the Glock intro on release day and they said they made the 42 for overseas markets, where 9mm is unavailable due to it being a common military caliber. It was a business decision, plain and simple. Seems to have worked very well for them as they've sold record numbers of the 42.

All that said, I'll buy a 43 just for fun once the hoopla dies down

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    That's gonna make a lot of the guys jealous !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    That's gonna make a lot of the guys jealous !
    Not my image, sorry Jerry. That's from iraqveteran8888's Facebook page. Apparently they got one early to try out. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk