Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

S&W M&P Pro Series CORE 9mm

Hey All,
    Been looking at this gun for quite some time now.

I mainly want it for my 9mm suppressor I have coming and like the gun overall. I do not do any competition shooting and I do have a shield and love it.

I was just curious which model to go with the 5" barrel or the 4.25" barrel? The main purpose of this gun would be for my suppressor and just for fun shooting.

I found one dealer that has the 5" instock online and the 4.25" seems to be in stock at a lot of places online. I'm not really sure which length to go with. No LGS has them in stock for me to look at. Would the 5" be a little end heavy with the suppressor possibly?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Also any suggestions on where to get a suppressor barrel from would be awesome too. I did look at KKM but that is all I have looked at so far. Storm Lake I cannot find instock anywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try and find one with a factory threaded barrel. I know of two people on here, one is computalotapus, who have m&p's that came with standard and threaded barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Try and find one with a factory threaded barrel. I know of two people on here, one is computalotapus, who have m&p's that came with standard and threaded barrels.
    Yep and id probably go with a 4.25" barrel since it'll be a suppressed host. That length will do fine and with a suppressor attached it will help with recoil and follow up shots

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I'm not completely sure about this, I don't believe you can get a CORE version in a threaded barrel kit.

If I'm, right about that, you're either looking at an additional OEM purchase from S&W or Gemtech, an aftermaket threaded barrel (KKM, Storm Lake, AAC, Wilson Combat) or starting with a 4.25" M&P threaded barrel kit that isn't CORE version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I don't see the CORE having the option with a threaded barrel on the S&W website anywhere. I did email them yesterday to see if it was a possibility to buy one from them. We will see what they say then I guess.

So 4.25" would be better since its going to be used with a suppressor mainly?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a standard option from S&W. As RiverRat said, get the core and then pick up a nice Storm Lake, Wilson, LWC,.......

As my standard M&P racks up the round count, the CORE looks more and more like my next handgun. Haven't shot a VP9, but i hear good things

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. I'm leaning towards the 4.25" but still on the fence on the 5" and will probably go with KKM if S&W will not sell me a barrel I guess. Still got some time to decide yet. My Ti-Rant 9 won't be coming anytime soon lol
    Last edited by Credz; 21 March 2015 at 06:17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been using a Pro-CORE 5" for a year and a half now. I just got done doing a class at SHAW Shooting with John and Houston Shaw. Round count for the two days was 1300 rounds I have about 3000 through it so far and love it 100% I know it's not related to your suppressor question, but as to the pistol, it's GTG.

Ryan
    Founder, 2A-Armament

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    if S&W will not sell me a barrel...
    The Gemtech barrels are really S&W barrels. Out of stock right now, but it's another option to pursue if you prefer OEM parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Total impulse purchase, but ended up picking up a 4.25" Ported 9mm CORE.

I'll post some pictures on my next day off. I want to see how this trigger is first, before I decide it needs an APEX

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Total impulse purchase, but ended up picking up a 4.25" Ported 9mm CORE.

I'll post some pictures on my next day off. I want to see how this trigger is first, before I decide it needs an APEX
    It needs a flat trigger go ahead and order one!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    It needs a flat trigger go ahead and order one!
    Already have a couple in the parts bin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already have a couple in the parts bin.
    My bad, I forgot I was talking to the real moneybags. Haha!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    My bad, I forgot I was talking to the real moneybags. Haha!
    I thought DutyUse was Moneybags?

I'm broke... we just put in an offer on a house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought DutyUse was Moneybags?

I'm broke... we just put in an offer on a house.
    That's right and congrats. Hope it works out. Does it have the land you're looking/wanting. This is your forever home right?