Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering the same thing. According to their web-site the black is harder and slicker than the other colors, possibly a higher carbon content.

http://www.crypticcoatings.com/bolt-...roup-coatings/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the Coefficient of Friction at .01 is amazing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. According to their web-site the black is harder and slicker than the other colors, possibly a higher carbon content.

http://www.crypticcoatings.com/bolt-...roup-coatings/
    " possibly a higher carbon content" Kind of, I think its more of how the new atom is formed(the shape of it) through the process.
    "In hybridization, carbon's 2s and three 2p orbitals combine into four identical orbitals, now called sp3 hybrids.

https://www.boundless.com/chemistry/...ation-361-590/

I also believe that part of the efficiency of a coating has to do with what material it is rubbing against. A mystic black BCG running against an upper that is coated in Microslick(the inside) or something similar would be phenomenal. I know LWRC uses it and I also had it applied to the upper on my last build. Heat is the enemy so reducing it means longer wear life.
    Last edited by Stone; 27 April 2015 at 07:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I also believe that part of the efficiency of a coating has to do with what material it is rubbing against. A mystic black BCG running against an upper that is coated in Microslick(the inside) or something similar would be phenomenal.
    The machining inside of the Lantac UAR is the smoothest I've seen by far.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also believe that part of the efficiency of a coating has to do with what material it is rubbing against. A mystic black BCG running against an upper that is coated in Microslick(the inside) or something similar would be phenomenal.
    That got me thinking. I went looking for some numbers, apparently C-110 (Microslick) has a coefficient of friction of .417 when worn in and bearing on stainless steel. So... when paired with a cryptic coating bcg...? Probably as you stated, phenomenal. I've got a San Tan upper heading my way. I'll get it micro slicked and we'll find out.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also had the inside and outside of my buffer tube Microslicked as well. I was sending it all off for Cerakote at the same time so I figured what the hell. A little overkill? Maybe, but the rifle has functioned absolutely flawless. A little added reduced friction against the buffer and return spring isn't a bad thing. Also the stock slides in and out like a wet dream. I believe the guy who did the work is on this forum, his name is Ben, AKA Hardeight, and owns Lockhart Munitions. Good dude and does high end work!
    http://lockhartmunitions.com/staff.html

Cleaning any area like the upper that is Microslicked is a breeze. All the carbon and old lube just wipe right off with a rag.
    Last edited by Stone; 27 April 2015 at 19:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm already so far past overkill, may as well do that too. Right now it seems the big thing in this area is wondering when I'll be able to order the Ti bcg.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I have been watching their site as well. Seems like its been unavailable for a long time now. Have you tried contacting them to see what's up? I am just looking for the standard BCG in Mystic black but it looks like everything in Mystic Black is a no go. Any special reason you are going with the Titanium?
    Last edited by Stone; 27 April 2015 at 19:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything that isn't NiB or phosphate is unavailable. No I haven't contacted them yet. Guess I should put that on the to do list.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any special reason you are going with the Titanium?
    Missed this. Yeah, going for a super smooth light recoiling system. 17" barrel, rifle gas, lightweight bcg and buffer.

Here's the build thread if you want details. It's uh, long winded.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...d-experimental
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're contacting them you should see if they would coat the inside of the San Tan upper also.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess it never hurts to ask. Man THAT would be slick.

...literally
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hell Yeah!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Missed this. Yeah, going for a super smooth light recoiling system. 17" barrel, rifle gas, lightweight bcg and buffer.

Here's the build thread if you want details. It's uh, long winded.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...d-experimental
    Very nice, sounds like a rock solid build! The only thing I would add is V7's INCONEL gas tube. http://www.v7weaponsystems.com/colle...nment-gas-tube

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice, sounds like a rock solid build! The only thing I would add is V7's INCONEL gas tube. http://www.v7weaponsystems.com/colle...nment-gas-tube
    I *briefly* considered that, but inconel is heavy and 70$ is a lot for a part that I wouldn't expect failure from. I've got a melonited one coming with the upper.

There was a vid posted semi recently where they did full auto 30 and 50 round mag dumps through a gun until failure. Oddly it was the barrel that ruptured and not the gas tube.
    -One Nation, Under God