Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine's with Coyote, easy peazy. They even called after I submitted all my info to make sure everything was right and talk for a min. One thing that is a possible expense is getting it notarized, my bank offers free notary public for members so it was zero cost for me but private Notary Publics will charge most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Mine's with Coyote, easy peazy. They even called after I submitted all my info to make sure everything was right and talk for a min. One thing that is a possible expense is getting it notarized, my bank offers free notary public for members so it was zero cost for me but private Notary Publics will charge most of the time.
    I sit next to a notary at work. And I have two others in the same building. Notary will be free and very easy.

SH#T! You guys are supposed to make this sound all complicated and crap.

I just need to find a person to be my secondary blah blah blah... and see if they want to do it or not. I need to discuss with them first. I don't want to put their name down without permission.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I sit next to a notary at work. And I have two others in the same building. Notary will be free and very easy.

SH#T! You guys are supposed to make this sound all complicated and crap.

I just need to find a person to be my secondary blah blah blah... and see if they want to do it or not. I need to discuss with them first. I don't want to put their name down without permission.
    I would use a family member. From what I hear, using a friend can become an issue down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I would use a family member. From what I hear, using a friend can become an issue down the road.
    Any family member right? I am going to ask my dad... but as far as I can tell all I need is just myself and him as a secondary in case something happens to me. Is this correct?

If I want to add people or take people off the trust later I could do that too I assume?

For me I would be very hesitant to add a 'friend'...I basically have two options... myself, my dad, and my sister if he says no.

If I have this trust though will it ever create legal or other tax issues for me or the other person?

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed no one said use your wife....
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Go get one from coyote rifle works for $95 and be done with it. SEVERAL people have used their services here and I used a similar service for mine . I'm 6 stamps in and no worries.

A trust is always a better route IMO. It gives you the ability to delegate your NFA items and also any other weapons you put on it. Nothing says you can't have all your firearms on it!
    I did mine through Coyote rifle works. They were awesome threw the whole process, and I highly recommend them. A Great price was just icing on the cake :)

What pushed me over on a trust was succession of ownership and shorter wait times. Goodluck on your NFA journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok guys.... I just talked to my dad and he's totally cool with being on the trust. I think he actually thinks is a pretty cool idea.

That said what are the responsibilities for him (and me) in this deal?

So lets say I get gored to death by a rabid bull and there is this suppressor laying around. What would my dad's responsibility then be?

I am asking because he was asking. I want to give him direct answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok guys.... I just talked to my dad and he's totally cool with being on the trust. I think he actually thinks is a pretty cool idea.

That said what are the responsibilities for him (and me) in this deal?

So lets say I get gored to death by a rabid bull and there is this suppressor laying around. What would my dad's responsibility then be?

I am asking because he was asking. I want to give him direct answers.
    He takes ownership as long as it he is the beneficiary. Same as any trust. He can be in possession of the items on the trust without you being present as long as he is a trustee.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, what about divorces? I know that's a terrible thing to ask, but is there a PRIMARY owner? I would obviously want my wife to be able to possess the NFA things whenever.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    So, what about divorces? I know that's a terrible thing to ask, but is there a PRIMARY owner? I would obviously want my wife to be able to possess the NFA things whenever.
    Divorces are usually ugly and expensive for a reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    He takes ownership as long as it he is the beneficiary. Same as any trust. He can be in possession of the items on the trust without you being present as long as he is a trustee.
    So I need to make him a beneficiary AND a trustee. So if I go over and spend a year in Nairobi (in the works) then there will be no issues with the suppressor being around or I can stash it at his place without problem.

See, stuff like this is good to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I need to make him a beneficiary AND a trustee. So if I go over and spend a year in Nairobi (in the works) then there will be no issues with the suppressor being around or I can stash it at his place without problem.

See, stuff like this is good to know.
    Yes he will be a trustee and there is also a beneficiary page at the end. Once you fill out the form and get the paperwork you'll see everything. Give them a buzz or shoot them an email.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My brother is trustee and beneficiary. My father is also a trustee. They can possess the items at any time without me being present. That's the good thing about being able to add and remove people

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd do a trust in a heartbeat if I had the cash to do so.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    funny how nobody can afford a Trust but they have $1000 rifles
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)