Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glitch in the matrix....LOL Indeed!!

I am most likely going to get a 5.56 suppressor first. After that who knows.

And I have no idea what kind or brand or type of suppressor that I want. Just one more thing for me to over analyze LOL

I am taking suggestions though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    OK OK....you guys are twisting my arm LOL....

I think I'm going to set up the trust after this next payday....after that its all downhill from there. :)
    Yep, it could be all downhill - all the way to the poor house eating Ramen noodles everyday especially when you start buying expensive items like old Maxim's
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Yep, it could be all downhill - all the way to the poor house eating Ramen noodles everyday especially when you start buying expensive items like old Maxim's
    I have champagne tastes. I have to be careful. LOL

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never realized it was so affordable. I'm going to do a trust soon and start gathering parts.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads

And I have no idea what kind or brand or type of suppressor that I want. Just one more thing for me to over analyze LOL

never buy Gemtech
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    never buy Gemtech
    You can't say that and not tell me why.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't say that and not tell me why.
    https://youtu.be/XT5Eb6G9k5E
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament RECCE 5. Very light and durable as well as very good sound attenuation. The newest generation (I believe early '14+) metered in the low 130s.

To me, it is like a combination of QD and Direct Thread. Offers the ease of host swapping as the RECCE 5 mounts to a flash hider, brake, or compensator style muzzle device. This is beneficial because unlike direct thread, which leaves exposed threads upon removal, the R5 allows you to choose the muzzle device which suits your needs. Also the mounts have an incorporated taper that act as a gas seal preventing fouling from exiting towards the shooter and fouling the mount which can lock the suppressor on after firing when it cools.

You won't have to worry about latches or QD mechanisms failing because they aren't there (weight savings). The previously mentioned taper mount aids in lock up (my QD 762 can/mount has a latch and taper and without latching it down, between the threads and taper it still gets so snug you know it's not going to back off, the latch is just for backup.

This can is very light for a non Ti unit or one not classified as a Mini or K. It is 14oz, and the lower weight will assist you the shooter when it comes to keeping overall rifle weight down as well as POA/POI shift.

I am not affiliated with Griffin in any way except the RECCE 5 is my next 5.56 can of choice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    My brother is trustee and beneficiary. My father is also a trustee. They can possess the items at any time without me being present. That's the good thing about being able to add and remove people
    True but I want to add the fact that they also should have a copy of the trust and stamped form with them as well. Just in case they are stopped and questioned by the Gestapo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Griffin Armament RECCE 5. Very light and durable as well as very good sound attenuation. The newest generation (I believe early '14+) metered in the low 130s.

To me, it is like a combination of QD and Direct Thread. Offers the ease of host swapping as the RECCE 5 mounts to a flash hider, brake, or compensator style muzzle device. This is beneficial because unlike direct thread, which leaves exposed threads upon removal, the R5 allows you to choose the muzzle device which suits your needs. Also the mounts have an incorporated taper that act as a gas seal preventing fouling from exiting towards the shooter and fouling the mount which can lock the suppressor on after firing when it cools.

You won't have to worry about latches or QD mechanisms failing because they aren't there (weight savings). The previously mentioned taper mount aids in lock up (my QD 762 can/mount has a latch and taper and without latching it down, between the threads and taper it still gets so snug you know it's not going to back off, the latch is just for backup.

This can is very light for a non Ti unit or one not classified as a Mini or K. It is 14oz, and the lower weight will assist you the shooter when it comes to keeping overall rifle weight down as well as POA/POI shift.

I am not affiliated with Griffin in any way except the RECCE 5 is my next 5.56 can of choice
    I have been reading on them and about an hour before you posted that REECE 5 kind of caught my eye for further consideration.

One thing I am looking at is mounts. The more solid the mount the better.

What do you think about the AAC M4-2000 ? Is that ratchet mounting thing any good?

I have no idea which suppressor I want, but I know for sure that the mount has to be rock solid and the suppression needs to be really good. If I am going to spend the money on a suppressor I don't want to half way do it to save a buck. I would rather spend extra to get more, but then again I don't want to get ripped off on price that offers no better performance. I would also like to buy from an established company that offers a a decent warranty.

I honestly don't know anything about suppressors so any little bit I can learn will help. I am kind of leery of things with too many working parts. But I am also kind of thinking that a tapered mount (so far) would be more solid.

On the mount though a direct thread on is probably the least appealing. I don't want to constantly remove things from the actual barrel. If you do that enough you will eventually cross thread or mess something up. At least I think so.

I am not sure if I need some titanium stuff or not either. Weight is not really an issue for me. I am way more about straight up performance. If it's a little bigger and heavier I don't care.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    True but I want to add the fact that they also should have a copy of the trust and stamped form with them as well. Just in case they are stopped and questioned by the Gestapo.
    No one will be carrying or using the suppressor but me. My dad won't be using it at all. If I go overseas or some other place I will stash the suppressor at his house for safe keeping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also am I going to need to alter the gas system in my rifle? Like get an adjustable gas block or will it not really matter?

If I buy that Reece 5 for example, what kind of lifetime can I expect out of it? As you know I don't do full auto any real heavy shooting for the most part.

I am sure I will come up with more questions as time goes on.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 24 March 2015 at 20:36.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the mount though a direct thread on is probably the least appealing. I don't want to constantly remove things from the actual barrel. If you do that enough you will eventually cross thread or mess something up. At least I think so.
    I like to over analyze things too (better that than to under analyze ). If I remember correctly, Tim (MAC) did a video a while back on Everything About Suppressors. I believe at one point he mentioned that one of the down sides to direct thread is, that over the course of shooting, the can starts to back out; in essence after "x" shots, one would have to retighten the can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also am I going to need to alter the gas system in my rifle? Like get an adjustable gas block or will it not really matter?

If I buy that Reece 5 for example, what kind of lifetime can I expect out of it? As you know I don't do full auto any real heavy shooting for the most part.

I am sure I will come up with more questions as time goes on.

An adjustable gas block is highly recommended.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I like to over analyze things too (better that than to under analyze.

I turn that stuff into an art form :)

None of you guys will be laughing when I make a billion dollars in the stock market! LOL

In former times I was a financial analyst for a big company in an international office and believe you me that took a great deal of pouring over detailed information. I was pretty much doing forensic analysis of a bunch of stuff trying to figure out who was screwing us over and/or breaking the law.

Getting into how things work is part of the DNA LOL.