Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what I'm working on. The top one is the one getting the 16" Odin Intermediate barrel. Got an LMT BCG for it, and I'm just slowly gathering the rest. Should be shootable by next weekend.

I've also been getting my bike ready for the summer after being abused and mistreated all winter.

Oh, and I just put all new Focus SVT suspension on my beater car, and fox body wheels and new tires.

And then there is my most expensive and most rewarding hobby. Dadism....??
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    They'll get there brother. Best wishes
    Thanks brother!

Downloads
    Uploads
    JHoward the top build looks great, can't wait to hear how she performs.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on being a better husband, which involves not making my wife mad at me, which involves spending less on firearms. I am under the impression that we're about to have another discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    I'm working on being a better husband, which involves not making my wife mad at me, which involves spending less on firearms. I am under the impression that we're about to have another discussion.
    I guess being single has some perks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    It's definitely a balancing act, but the wife always comes first after the Lord of course.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't agree more with what Gost said.

din have you tried getting your wife into the shooting sports? Much easier enjoying a hobby together then battling over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    JHoward the top build looks great, can't wait to hear how she performs.
    Thanks sir. All of this stuff has been so much work I'm ran ragged. Between the side jobs I do to finance it, actually doing the work, and being Dad now that my wife is working, I definitely don't have much free time to shoot! But I will make it!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Right now since JTrusty won't release his handguard here are my 3 current ideas:

BCM 10" KMR since it measures in at 10.5" on the sides.

KAC URX 4 10.75", but installation looks like a pain in the ass if you want to pin your gas block.

Or cutting a MEGA Wedge Lock down to 10.5". I would like to try M-LOK. According to my calculations if If I cut the front M-LOK slots off a rifle length it should be around 10.5", but it's hard to tell till you get one in hand.
    How about an SLR Ultra lite? http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...&product_id=91

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to get a new build thread going for my new project, which ought to be a beautiful, monstrous beast when I'm done. Kinda a hybridized pseudo recce/spr.

The dream is all coated upper components. The Nickel Teflon upper I just got hooked up with, either a Nickelene Fortis Hammer or a NiB Raptor, and I'm seriously eyeing the Crytic Coated Titanium BCG.

I'm going to try and see if Black Hole will make me a one off 17" rifle barrel, and if so if I can send them a NiB Barrel Extension to use.

I've got an Aero lower and some B.A.D. levers and pins to use. Need to get another geissele, thinking SD3G.

Not sure on the forend, prefer m-lok so looking at M.I. or possibly the new Mega when it comes out. Possibly a KMR even though it's keymod.

I figure I'll set it up with offset irons to run in two configurations, one with some good glass and an Atlas bipod, and also zero my Comp M4 for when I'd rather run a red dot.

Pretty much just a giant experiment with how smooth I can make it run/how good I can get it to look/how far I can push the limits.

Outside of that, I'm heading to NY end of next week to get type rated in a new aircraft. That'll probably be a 10-15 day headache.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'd looked at those but want the handguard to be between 10.5" and 10.75". This is another handguard I'm considering.

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...w/product/898/
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Working on ......

Seems like everyones elses stuff houses/projects/cars.... but my own lately..and a slow streak..so not much fun/gun money/time lately..

Im lurking back and watching everyones elses nice builds..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a kmr 10 mocked up on a 11.5" for reference

I do like the mega and ADM though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, against my better judgement I just signed up for some fiddle-fart. The BCM 11.5" ELW-F upper with 10.0 KMR that I've been eyeing came available on Bravo's website so I bit. That kicks off a whole series of re-fits to my Colts, selling off of various uppers and rifles, etc. all towards the goal of streamlining back down to three rifles. What I really wanted to do was pick up two factory sr15s and be done but (a) the 11.5" isn't out yet and (b) two of the Colts I have are factory SBRs with big trigger pins meaning nobody is going to buy them and I don't want the clutter. I suppose I could have stripped them down and stuck the lowers in the safe for a rainy day, but I'm really on a purge cycle right now.

The 11.5" upper I bought should drop right on to one of my SBR lowers and be ready to go. But, I'll also be buying a 16" BCM upper with 15.0 KMR (waffling between ss410 and ELW-F, leaning towards stainless) for 2/3-gun and precision shooting and a DD 10.3" barrel with 9.0 KMR, adjustable gas block, and can (probably Omega). Once all of this is done I should be back to an updated but streamlined set of three that will do anything I'd ever want to do, or currently do, with an AR. Hopefully the purge will pay for the influx, but that remains to be seen.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Here's a kmr 10 mocked up on a 11.5" for reference

I do like the mega and ADM though

Nice..I am dying to try out the epsilon i have had for ...oh a long time...