Downloads
    Uploads

World Records...

I was just hunting around online and I found a couple of interesting things...the world records for shooting groups...

This guy shot a 2.68" 10 shot group.... sounds so so right?

He did it AT 1000 YARDS.

That is just amazing.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ory-be-amazed/

The best 1000 yard 5 shot group is 1.46"

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...at-1000-yards/

At 100 yards the world record finally got beaten after it stood for 40 years.

A .0077" 5 shot group at 100 yards...unbelievable!

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...th-0077-group/

Here is a picture of the previous world record target for 5 shots at 100 yards...this is the one that stood for 40 years...009"

Click the links and read folks... that stuff is just amazing.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 28 March 2015 at 20:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    600 yards...under 1".

Holy smokes.

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek051.html

"At the Piedmont, NC, range, two shooters recently broke the 1" mark for the first time in registered 600-yard competition. Shooting a 6.5-284, Wolf Beuhner nailed a .960" group that earned him Piedmont's cash bounty for the first sub-inch group. Shortly thereafter, not to be outdone, Terry Brady eclipsed Wolf's mark with an amazing .860" group--a new IBS world record"

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's some damn impressive shooting. I wonder if 5 shots is the minimum grouping before they'll enter it into the record books.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's some damn impressive shooting. I wonder if 5 shots is the minimum grouping before they'll enter it into the record books.
    You aren't kidding that it's impressive. That is just down right unbelievable.

As for the rules and records and stuff, when I was googling it appeared like there isn't really any one arbiter of what is or isn't a record. I saw some pages that were claiming 'we only recognize______ as records"... and others were talking about stuff like was mentioned above.

Maybe somebody here that knows will shed some light on who and how these records are kept. I would probably assume that 5 shots are the minimum requirements, but 10 shot groups are more difficult.

They also break it down into light guns and heavy guns and all that. I don't really know how it all works but it would be interesting to find out.

But however you slice it shooting under 1" groups at 600 yards? Just damn. Shooting 5 shots into an inch and a half group at 1000 yards? That is just amazing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Amazing! Wagner Shoots 0.349″ (50-2X) Group at 600 Yards

Rodney Wagner 0.349 IBS Light Gun RecordThis is one of the most amazing feats of precision shooting ever recorded. In an IBS 600-yard Benchrest match today at the Piedmont range (Rutherfordton, NC), Forum member Rodney Wagner shot a 0.349″ five-shot group at 600 yards. That smashes the existing 0.699″ IBS Light Gun Record (and it’s way smaller than the NBRSA record as well)."

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-at-600-yards/

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's ridiculous!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely absurd. The amount of variables involved and the stars that had to come in line for this to happen. Crazy.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

World Records...

I might be able to do that... At five yards. 😎 Seriously, amazing shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if the gun did not move a millionth of an inch, the environmental conditions alone should prevent this from being possible. Absolutely amazing.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Equal to about 5 hundredths of a MOA for Wagner's shooting . Honestly hard to comprehend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    Even if the gun did not move a millionth of an inch, the environmental conditions alone should prevent this from being possible. Absolutely amazing.

No kidding. I was pretty stunned myself... Awesome isn't a strong enough word...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking online for info on this and read that the gun used to set this record and another of his guns were stolen from his truck at a hotel. WTF is someone thinking leaving guns in a vehicle at a hotel. Hell I took a 356" elk rack into a hotel once because I was afraid of theft. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW! That is impressive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    WTF is someone thinking leaving guns in a vehicle at a hotel. Hell I took a 356" elk rack into a hotel once because I was afraid of theft. Lol
    Meh. I've left a small arsenal in my car when PCS'ing because a) bringing in multiple gun cases wasn't practical to do every night and b) I think the trip would have taken twice as long because of the game of Tetris I had to play to get all the stuff to fit in my car (and my wife's). I just always kept an eye on the car, parked near the room, and covered everything up inside so it looked I had a lot of random junk in there and nothing worth stealing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wonder what would happen if someone was out there shooting back