Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

OFFICIAL: MAGPOD THREAD

Thought by now some guys would of already posted up such a thread, especially since they have been handed out here and there.....and been out a little while now..

This thread can be for discussion,pics, etc ....I for one and used them now a few times and really like such a simple design of the magpod..they work well..

Discuss....

GO....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get it. Never have. I was shown some images of the early design, and said then that I didn't get it. I simply can't see the benefit of all that added bulk. And this is from a guy that runs GI mags with Ranger plates, so there is some amount of added bulk I'm willing to live with.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't get it. Never have. I was shown some images of the early design, and said then that I didn't get it. I simply can't see the benefit of all that added bulk. And this is from a guy that runs GI mags with Ranger plates, so there is some amount of added bulk I'm willing to live with.

I am hearing ya, but a GI mag with a ranger plate cant be but hardly any difference...i get it though some like what they like

So....All you others who got some for T$E or have been using them post up......now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is defective...won't balance my SBR.

Jokes aside, I need to get some more of them. Haven't got to go shoot with mine yet, or the 2.5x PA scope either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That's because its a solution looking for a problem. Magpul makes some great products but not all of their products are great. In the off chance that I will drop to the prone position, now I have to make sure that I have the mag that has the pod on it in the rifle? Or should I put them on all my mags? Even from a bench, supporting the rifle from the mag is lame. I might as well just start shooting on one leg...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, for me this is good for zeroing a rifle in the field vs trying to find a bench, or looking for sandbags. I'm not looking to put these on every magazine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    That's because its a solution looking for a problem. Magpul makes some great products but not all of their products are great. In the off chance that I will drop to the prone position, now I have to make sure that I have the mag that has the pod on it in the rifle? Or should I put them on all my mags? Even from a bench, supporting the rifle from the mag is lame. I might as well just start shooting on one leg...
    I may be wrong but I don't think that the Magpod is a Magpul product.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moar pics suckas...

Stole bens pic, nice rifle plus hows off the balance of the magpod...I dont plan on equipping a whole bunch but a few of mine wear them..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that Ben's from www.ar15news.com?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes..nice stick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I may be wrong but I don't think that the Magpod is a Magpul product.
    Correct. Designed by the guys behind Multitasker tools.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even from a bench, supporting the rifle from the mag is lame. I might as well just start shooting on one leg...
    I think this would be for use if nothing else is available. In my case, at my State Game land range, there's nothing out there. Just a table. And personally since I don't have any sort of bipods, I'm left with just the Magpods. Better than resting on a magazine - at least the Magpod adds stability (more so than a mag will at least).

I haven't used them extensively yet, but I like for what they are. All of my zeroing thus far have been on the Magpod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I am hearing ya, but a GI mag with a ranger plate cant be but hardly any difference
    It actually is though, which is entirely the point.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The product may not suit you. There are tons out there I don't buy because they don't fit my needs but the MagPod DOES fill a need for some folks. When I was in the Army I would have loved to have these. Old weapons training taught us to never set the mag on the ground because it may cause stoppages, but this was the same thinking developed when the M16A1 was around. Welcome GWOT and some guys started thinking asymmetrically and started teaching shooters to SHOOT rather than to qualify, that it was about making use of everything to give you an advantage in the killing fields, and if stabilizing your rifle with the Mag could help get rounds downrange more effectively, DO IT. All the rules from the Army's 40 shot qual table bled over and made for tunnel vision...guys unwilling to shoot more than one round at a target rather than killing the shit out of it.

I like it. But that's just me.