Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms UltraMatch .223 Wylde Mid Barrel - 12.5"

Description:
    We wanted to build an AR15 barrel using the finest blank and mass produce them to bring them to market at the most competitive prices. Our UltraMatch barrels start out as Shilen blanks and contoured to our specifications. We wanted the best balance between accuracy while keeping the weight down as much as possible. It also features Shilen's Ratchet Rifling which allows for flatter trajectories and easier cleaning. We are so confident in our UltraMatch barrels that we will offer a 100% money back guarantee within 90 days of purchase. If you aren't completely satisfied with the barrel for any reason, return it for a full refund, no questions asked.

Features:
    Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
    Length: 12.5"
    Twist: 1:8
    Thread Pitch: 1/2 X 28
    .750 Gas Block Seat
    .223 Wylde Chamber
    Mid Length Gas System
    Ratchet Rifling
    M4 Feed Ramps
    Proprietary Contour
    Bead Blasted Finish
    Weight: 1 lbs 12.8 oz

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...id-barrel-12-5
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll be interesting to see how these new mid-length 12.5" barrels handle.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to try one of these. Thinking one of these with a CMT lefty upper would run about as gas free as possible suppressed. For a lefty that is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how these new mid-length 12.5" barrels handle.
    I have a 12.5" ARP mid length in my SBR. Shoots like a dream. Have run it with standard block and adjustable (since I shoot suppressed now) and never have had any issues with factory ammo I mine. It's a sweet shooter as I'm sure these will be as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm building up a 12.5" Mid. I returned by 16" Rifle, because I knew I wouldn't build it up anytime soon. Throwing this on a 12" MML with a can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look forward to seeing it.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone used this yet? I am wondering what buffer would work best with this. The 12.5" and mid gas is very unique, might be the ticket for a can though.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Has anyone used this yet? I am wondering what buffer would work best with this. The 12.5" and mid gas is very unique, might be the ticket for a can though.
    doc,

I just picked one up yesterday, and it's currently at the gunsmith waiting for a gas block pinning. Hope to have it up and running at the end of the week/early next to throw on my SBR. I'll play with the buffers a bit and throw a can on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    doc,

I just picked one up yesterday, and it's currently at the gunsmith waiting for a gas block pinning. Hope to have it up and running at the end of the week/early next to throw on my SBR. I'll play with the buffers a bit and throw a can on it.
    What gas block did you go with? I was thinking of an adjustable one to get the gas correct.

Are you going to run a can on it?

Thanks, I am very interested in this set up.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't for the life of me find the thread where we discussed this barrel in the MML. It wouldn't work for UW and the "12.5" barrel I was using did work with a 12" handguard. We found out that my barrel is actually 12 ⅝" and not 12.5".

Reason for the post I received a 12.5" 277WLV barrel today and had the same issue UW had. Barrel likes "this" much from working with the 51T adapter. So back to the drawing board....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Talked to Chris Reeves of Triarc Systems who also produce a 12.5" mid-length barrel, he recommended a H buffer.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I can't for the life of me find the thread where we discussed this barrel in the MML. It wouldn't work for UW and the "12.5" barrel I was using did work with a 12" handguard. We found out that my barrel is actually 12 ⅝" and not 12.5".

Reason for the post I received a 12.5" 277WLV barrel today and had the same issue UW had. Barrel likes "this" much from working with the 51T adapter. So back to the drawing board....
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...Gallery/page80

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that is sexy love to be able to get one maybe one day I will droll droll
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to sound corny but I was just wondering how well this sort of gas/dwell would work. Think it would have to have a can to function? I know PWS has a MK212SD that requires a can for proper function...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishroy View Post
    Not to sound corny but I was just wondering how well this sort of gas/dwell would work. Think it would have to have a can to function? I know PWS has a MK212SD that requires a can for proper function...
    I use an Adj gas block and also tailor my ammo for this rifle so I have no issues. YMMV