Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any idea what the Indiana dealer is charging?

The Form 3 process sounds more complicated than it really is, although it seems bureaucratically unecessary...just another ATF hassle

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM Incoming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to make your buy sooner than later with your trust, if not a couple cans (like a .22 or 9mm also) with 41P looming

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Any idea what the Indiana dealer is charging?

The Form 3 process sounds more complicated than it really is, although it seems bureaucratically unecessary...just another ATF hassle
    I never understood the Form 3. You already have to go through the ATF legal license/fee's to make and sell suppressors. The fact they have to go through another ATF Form 3 transfer to go from dealer to dealer makes no sense to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    You need to make your buy sooner than later with your trust, if not a couple cans (like a .22 or 9mm also) with 41P looming
    I called Suppressor Shop today and they told me that they estimate to get the Recce 5 back in stock in a month. I am kind of late to the game here but even with 41P in place I can stop across the street on my lunch break and get the CLEO signature. It's no problem at all. The sheriff's office and my office are less than 1/2 a mile from each other. They already told me 'when you get the forms just bring them in and we will get it done'. Either way 41P goes I am covered on the suppressor thing.

I seriously would love to get a good 9mm can, a .45 can, a .22 can, and a few others. I just can't afford to drop 5 or 6 grand in one swoop like that. I wish I had that kind of money. I will probably do a 9mm next since I already have the gun I would like to suppress (sig P226) in that caliber.

My main issue is that I have a job that pays me 20% of my previous pay. 80% pay cuts suck. I really need to come up with some way to make decent money. The whole economy thing, job market thing, etc etc is a real hot button issue for me. It just pisses me off.

If I get the money coming in I wouldn't bat an eye to drop cash on multiple purchases and a big safe.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I never understood the Form 3. You already have to go through the ATF legal license/fee's to make and sell suppressors. The fact they have to go through another ATF Form 3 transfer to go from dealer to dealer makes no sense to me.
    It does not make any sense in the rational logical sense of the word. None of it makes sense if you ask me. Even having this stuff on the list at all is just ignorance.

Form 3 however is just completely stupid. You have dealers who have crawled across broken government glass to be able to deal in Class 3 items but one cannot transfer to the other without getting yet another approval.

Do they need to Form 3 to go from the manufacturer to the dealer or no? I would be shocked if there wasn't some kind of layers of bullshit between them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No matter how I look at it, if I form 3 that one over I am look at 6 weeks minimum, probably more, and a risk of it taking a lot longer. If I wait until Suppressor Shop to get them back in stock... they told me it will be about a month.

Long story short I put my bet on probably one of, if not the biggest suppressor dealership in the USA to be able to get something back in stock in a reasonable amount of time. No matter how it goes I am forced to wait. The only real difference is possibly getting a CLEO signature should they try to implement 41P.

That said I don't know HOW they could realistically do 41P. If they sell a suppressor to a corporation, every officer in the corporation doesn't have to have a background check. Under the law everyone has to be treated equally. Trusts and corporations are both 'legal persons' so you can't treat one one way and the other the other way and not expect some serious legal challenges.

If they do implement 41P the ATF will be getting sued in every jurisdiction in the US and they will have an indefensible position legally speaking. I am pretty sure 41P won't go anywhere because they would have to apply the same rules to all legal persons across the board. If they try that crap it will be met with all kinds of hell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    41p is a long ways off. They still have to respond to every submitted comment. An extra month wait right now shouldn't be a concern.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    41p is a long ways off. They still have to respond to every submitted comment. An extra month wait right now shouldn't be a concern.
    I am somewhat tempted to get a 9mm suppressor for my P226. By the time I get a threaded barrel and a tax stamp we're talking another grand. I don't mind dropping the coin for it, but the rifle is my priority for now. Dropping two grand in one swoop would be doable but it would blow my budget.

I seriously need to get more money.

As for 41P I would venture to say that from what little I know about it, on the surface they would have to get pretty darn creative to avoid getting sued to no end on it.