Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What no tactical bungee cord?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Costa Tax.

I remember being shocked by the price and rolling my eyes at the M&P thing he put out a while ago.

Anyaways... Figured I would pipe up in defense of Warsports.

I've been to their factility a few times to pick up stuff that they've worked on for me, and its impressive to say the least.
    In the past 12 months they have transitioned to creating a lot of parts in-house, and this definately increases the cost of their overall product. That being said, the attention to detail they put into the R&D and production is on par with Larue and the price of their products reflects that level of precision.

In the case of the LVOA, its a specialized product and the price reflects that fact... although I'm sure 90% of the people who own one don't use it for its intended purpose. If you buy a GP Carbine or LVOA from them, you will definately get what you pay for in terms of fit, finish, quality and utility.

p.s. 7lbs is a pretty standard weight for a carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    7 lbs. for a 14.5" barreled rifle may have been standard several years ago. A BCM Recce 14.5" KMR ELW MK2 weighs in at 5.7 lbs, that's the new standard.

I don't feel that people are surprised by the price of this new rifle but rather disappointed. KAC SR-15 E3 MOD 2 have a lot more features than this new rifle and have been going for roughly $2150, $500 cheaper than this Costa.

The reason that I compared War Sport's Costa rifle to the BCM and KAC is that these are the 2 rifles that he is often photographed with in his classes. BCM sponsor more guys than about anybody and are able to keep prices considerably less. They also put Haley's logo on the Jack. But the Jack comes with sights, a $200 gift certificate for training and is $555 cheaper.

I'm sure the guys at War Sport make a great product but this rifle will be compared to the BCM Recce 14.5" KMR ELW MK2. The BCM is 1.3 lbs lighter and roughly $1150 less, it has become the new standard.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    7 lbs. for a 14.5" barreled rifle may have been standard several years ago. A BCM Recce 14.5" KMR ELW MK2 weighs in at 5.7 lbs, that's the new standard.
    Guess I should have use the word average, instead of standard.

Funny thing is, I considder KAC stuff to be way overpriced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only people who have not owned or used a KAC thinks they are overpriced. Not even getting into the resale value being best in the industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Guess I should have use the word average, instead of standard.

Funny thing is, I considder KAC stuff to be way overpriced.
    If you don't use or need the ambi controls on the KAC, some people may consider it overpriced. However, when you take all that and match it up with the match trigger, E3 Bolt, URX Handguards, sights, SOPMOD Stock, it comes out to be a pretty reasonably priced package.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking the same thing, must be that rail system.
    Played with it and its all in the barrel. Its some custom profile design by warsport themselves like the ones they have on the lvoa. Hell the lvoa is heavier than the Costa. Something like a hybrid hbar/medcon
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Costa Tax.

I remember being shocked by the price and rolling my eyes at the M&P thing he put out a while ago.

I've been to their factility a few times to pick up stuff that they've worked on for me, and its impressive to say the least.
    In the past 12 months they have transitioned to creating a lot of parts in-house, and this definately increases the cost of their overall product. That being said, the attention to detail they put into the R&D and production is on par with Larue and the price of their products reflects that level of precision.

In the case of the LVOA, its a specialized product and the price reflects that fact... although I'm sure 90% of the people who own one don't use it for its intended purpose. If you buy a GP Carbine or LVOA from them, you will definately get what you pay for in terms of fit, finish, quality and utility.

What's the special purpose of the lvoa?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    Removing 3k from your wallet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the LVOA my wife?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least with your wife you have a chance of being kissed first...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the LVOA my wife?
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    At least with your wife you have a chance of being kissed first...
    You guys almost owed me a new keyboard. Spit my drink out laughing at that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 12.5" is an SBR that has very little muzzle rise and does not produce a concusive flash that will blow out NVGs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    The 12.5" is an SBR that has very little muzzle rise and does not produce a concusive flash that will blow out NVGs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Costa Tax.

7# is over a half-pound too heavy for a 16" carbine with a 12-14" rail.