Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Sounds good, what handguard are you considering?
    Well I've eyeballed 2 for a while but never catch them in stock, which is kinda good cause I really didn't want to come off the cash. Gotta be 15'', KMR and the Force mod2 has caught my eye for a while with the SLR lite rails being considered as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a 15" handguard you may like. 9.6 oz. including barrel nut.

http://www.2a-arms.com/content/15-bl-rail-m-lok
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks GOST, I saw the one at G&R this afternoon but hadn't never dealt with them, figured it would be one of those I'd order then they would tell me it was backordered. Didn't even think about V7. The 2A looks pretty nice, I may have to add to the list, I do like a good flat bottom for shooting out of blinds though, the KMR would probly be the best bet. Anyone I've ever saw had one would tell ya it's the best rail they have. Does anyone have an opinion on it? Oh and BTW if you think carbon is quieter when a limb or twig bumps it, it's not, sounds almost just like a metal one. At least this one does, kinda surprised me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aragorn has a 15" KMR on his new build, you may want to see what he thinks of it. I've never used G&R, but the guys at TOS are big on using them.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let freedom ring first thing this morning on this fine Independence Day with a little wildcat testing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Made my decision on the new rail. And here she is with 15'' BCM KMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice.!! How heavy she weigh in at?

Really light rail out front and a heavy UBR out back, how does that balance out? never had a UBR just heard there heavy and those kmr's are supposedly super light..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice.!! How heavy she weigh in at?

Really light rail out front and a heavy UBR out back, how does that balance out? never had a UBR just heard there heavy and those kmr's are supposedly super light..
    Thing is it's a pretty heavy 20'' barrel out front so the UBR offsets the weight to give it more balance. I tried it with a standard tube and B5 stock and she wanted to be nose heavy on me. I don't have any scales right now to accurately measure her but I'm guessing dressed out with empty mag she's around 8lbs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When are going to see some video , can your can handle the pressure?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Thing is it's a pretty heavy 20'' barrel out front so the UBR offsets the weight to give it more balance. I tried it with a standard tube and B5 stock and she wanted to be nose heavy on me. I don't have any scales right now to accurately measure her but I'm guessing dressed out with empty mag she's around 8lbs.
    Right on, interested in your results

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton68spc View Post
    When are going to see some video , can your can handle the pressure?

It should I think. But it will be a while before I try the can, I'm doing lots of testing right now and will wait till it's over and decide on some pet loads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok it's been way too long since I updated this but been really busy lately. But I've also managed to get over 200 rounds of Valkerie under my belt and it's been great. So far I've tested
    120gr Barnes TTSX
    130gr Cutting Edge
    140gr Sierra BTSP GK
    139gr Hornady SST
    154gr Hornady Interlock SP
    168gr Nosler CC
    168gr Berger Classic Hunter
    Some have shot better than others but all have stayed within minute of deer. The 140gr Sierra Game King is probly going to be my go to for now since deer season is right around the corner here in GA, it works amazing in my 20'' barrel. I'm pushing it around 2600fps with 34gr of 8208 and getting consistent .5 groups never over .75. I could push this round harder with another powder but the 8208 is very accurate and stable and the expansion tests at 100yds shows I'm right where I need to be. The 168 Berger/ 36.2gr of Lever is proving to be a winning combination as well, so much in fact the tester group has named it the "Biggdawg" the usual screen name of the one that cooked it up. In my 20'' barrel it's moving around 2500fps and deadly accurate. I have some pics scattered around that I'm trying to round up and get posted real soon with some more testing info. BTW the Lapua brass is holding up exceptionally well but I guess that was to be expected.