Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a little group to get the weekend started right. This is an example of the 140gr sierra GK, one of the best 5 shot groups with my finalized hunting load I'll be using this season. 5 shot, 100yds, moving a tad over 2600 FPS, 34.7gr IMR 8208 2.288 OAL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As usual I had to try my little amateur ballistics tests on some rounds. I used the same method I have for many other calibers, one gallon jug of water in front of compressed magazines and phone books. It's not the best test but gives a good general idea on slug activity when meeting a solid. The magazines are actually a pretty hard stop so 90% of bonded cores eject from the cups due to a slight over expansion or possibly the abrupt stop. I have been working with some homemade ballistic gel lately that I'll get into later.
    The two slugs pictured are the 140gr Sierra Game King on the left and the 154gr Hornady Interloc SP on the right. Both impacts were at 100yds

Downloads
    Uploads

First Blood

One of the testers drew first blood last night! And on a 300lb BEAST!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok guys, with storms moving through the area figured I would catch up a long over due field report on the VAR.

The first Whitetail with the 7mmVAR is Down! Taken by yours truly on the opening weekend of the GA rifle season. The Valkerie performed great, shot was about 60yds, complete pass through dropped him on the spot using the 140gr Sierra GK.

[B][/WARNING Graphic pics ahead in next posts!B]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buck was a main frame 8 pointer with some nice stickers to kick him up to a 10. Afternoon shot so he wasn't quite as big as I thought but still a nice deer I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The shot was a fairly high angle quartering away shot, entered the back of the left side rib cage and exited just behind the right shoulder. Because of the high angle and close range I don't think this will be a typical exit for these bullets, I also believe the bullet was starting to come apart at time of exit. It did make for a rather impressive hole though, and certainly did the job!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Buck was a main frame 8 pointer with some nice stickers to kick him up to a 10. Afternoon shot so he wasn't quite as big as I thought but still a nice deer I think.

Congrats on making him pay for sticking his tongue out at you.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Congrats on making him pay for sticking his tongue out at you.
    Ha, yea I definitely got the last laugh! He's delicious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy tissue damage...

Downloads
    Uploads
    So being deer season is in the short rows I decided to try a little something different for a while with the VAR. Here she is all dressed up for a night out. And she is oh so quiet with the can.