Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    But not rifles.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    I bet he owns a few. His "lower" has to do with "lower" bills. 😎

lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    His corrected auto correct correction is STILL wrong. LOL
    LMAO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    But not rifles.
    No - Just great personal finance knowledge. I have followed his advice for years. It has helped a lot. Although, I need to get more serious and disciplined about it.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    No - Just great personal finance knowledge. I have followed his advice for years. It has helped a lot. Although, I need to get more serious and disciplined about it.

I didn't know about Dave, but I agreed with the little I had time to read when I did a google search. One of the smartest finical moves I ever did was ditching the plastic and now paying almost everything in cash. Lots more $ at the end of the month for gun parts when you don't have interest piling up.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack, back to topic. Luis you said you were planning to use this upper for T&E, but would it ever be pressed into a defensive role? Home built uppers are fun projects and often amazing shooters but I would never depend on them personally. On the flip side though, if it's purely a recreational upper building it allows you to piece it out slowly instead of having one big investment. If I was you though I'd be whipping out 10 pastrami sandwiches and panhandling for 300$ :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Home built uppers are fun projects and often amazing shooters but I would never depend on them personally.
    I used to feel this way until I learned how stupid easy it is to assemble an AR, upper included. Granted, I wouldn't necessarily trust one that an anonymous someone else built as I never underestimate the ability of people to screw up even the simplest of things, but I trust my Aero Precision (that I built) as much as my factory LMT. The one caveat is gas block pinning - that's one thing that I have to outsource, so to speak, but it's easy to source barrels with that bit of work already complete. I have invested in the proper tools, including a torque wrench, which is important, but beyond that it ain't rocket science nor does it require the skills of a surgeon or Swiss watchmaker. For me, though, building is as much of a hobby as shooting so I can't really imagine buying a factory built AR anymore. I love the fact that I'm not beholden to a gunsmith in a time of need which is a big reason why I've become an AR fanboy instead of the HK roller-lock fanboy that I used to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know about Dave, but I agreed with the little I had time to read when I did a google search. One of the smartest finical moves I ever did was ditching the plastic and now paying almost everything in cash. Lots more $ at the end of the month for gun parts when you don't have interest piling up.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack, back to topic. Luis you said you were planning to use this upper for T&E, but would it ever be pressed into a defensive role? Home built uppers are fun projects and often amazing shooters but I would never depend on them personally. On the flip side though, if it's purely a recreational upper building it allows you to piece it out slowly instead of having one big investment. If I was you though I'd be whipping out 10 pastrami sandwiches and panhandling for 300$ :D
    all ready have one

Downloads
    Uploads

I can see both sides to this. I've seen plenty of jacked up factory uppers as well as home built. Far more home builds than factory though.

Lots of people have told me that they can build their own uppers, and upon closer inspection, they are crap.

BUT... this isn't putting together the space shuttle. I would and do trust my own builds as much as factory ones when I have enough down range with any upper. At least 500 minimum without malfunctions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I used to feel this way until I learned how stupid easy it is to assemble an AR, upper included. Granted, I wouldn't necessarily trust one that an anonymous someone else built as I never underestimate the ability of people to screw up even the simplest of things, but I trust my Aero Precision (that I built) as much as my factory LMT. The one caveat is gas block pinning - that's one thing that I have to outsource, so to speak, but it's easy to source barrels with that bit of work already complete. I have invested in the proper tools, including a torque wrench, which is important, but beyond that it ain't rocket science nor does it require the skills of a surgeon or Swiss watchmaker. For me, though, building is as much of a hobby as shooting so I can't really imagine buying a factory built AR anymore. I love the fact that I'm not beholden to a gunsmith in a time of need which is a big reason why I've become an AR fanboy instead of the HK roller-lock fanboy that I used to be.
    i build my own lowers :) i dont have the space to add more tools or stuff to build any uppers so i just buy them flat out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I completely agree that there isn't the black magic, secret sauce, or any special formulas any company is using to assembly their guns.. regardless what their pr campaigns would have most believe. And if you invest in proper tools, parts and have the patience to follow quality build standards anyone can produce BCM level rifles at home, no outsourcing required.

I'm trying to get there myself, but luckily I had most of the basic tools before I got into ARs.

I guess what I meant to say originally, is how many home builders are really going to invest that much into tools when they average guy is already skimping on ammo to just fire their build? I just would steer the average home builder against depending on one unless they really knew what they were doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BCM doesn't even pin their gas blocks from what I've seen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree that there isn't the black magic, secret sauce, or any special formulas any company is using to assembly their guns.. regardless what their pr campaigns would have most believe. And if you invest in proper tools, parts and have the patience to follow quality build standards anyone can produce BCM level rifles at home, no outsourcing required.

I'm trying to get there myself, but luckily I had most of the basic tools before I got into ARs.

I guess what I meant to say originally, is how many home builders are really going to invest that much into tools when they average guy is already skimping on ammo to just fire their build? I just would steer the average home builder against depending on one unless they really knew what they were doing.
    cool set up il ike the smoking cow

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    BCM doesn't even pin their gas blocks from what I've seen.
    is the good or bad ??