Downloads
    Uploads

AR10 help request

A customer at the bank here was in a really bad accident and almost died. He worked for the power company and was in the cherry picker and fell on some hot power lines. He's been out of commission for some time but is making a good recovery.

We always talk shooting and stuff and he said he bought a bushmaster AR10 but that now he wants/needs or different stock on there. I am assuming its because of his injuries. He got burned really bad over most of his body. He's lucky to be alive but he's already out walking around and stuff.

He's a pretty big boy. Probably 6'4 and 260.

He was thinking of maybe getting a fixed stock but I think he's open to other options as well. He said it will probably be for carrying around through the woods and such but he might be open to lots of things once he sees the options.

As I said his rifle is a standard bushmaster AR10.

If you have any experience, ideas, suggestions, or pictures put em up here please so I can show him and let him pick.

Downloads
    Uploads

AR10 help request

They use standard AR stocks. Possibilities are endless.

Exception. Magpul PRS uses a different cheek rest on their .308 version, otherwise the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Way too many options without knocking to down a bit. Fixed, adjustable or collapsible etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will try to be sneaky and find out more but he said his first preference was for a fixed stock that he can carry through the woods once he gets better. So nothing bench rest related and for now no collapsable ones either. For now let's say straight up fixed stock for a pretty big dude that is built like a linebacker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock or a Ace ARFX a are two to look at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moe rifle or moe fixed. One uses a 6pos tube one uses a rifle tube

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I will be on the look out and might do something nice for the guy to get him back behind a gun. He's really lucky to still be around. They had to peel his skin off like a catfish and graft it all over his body. He's got great big chunks of meat that are gone...but on the good side he's in high spirits all things considered but he's still unable to work or do too much so that's just messing with his head. If I find a stock that I like (or that he likes) that will fit him well I am going to go over and we can tinker around and do some 'building' on his AR.

I am not sure why he wants it to be a fixed stock --if its because of his injuries or because he just likes it better... but he's been getting kind of down sitting around (the doctors finally let him go home) so he comes into the bank and BS's and shoots the breeze a couple of times a week. I think we are kind of his therapy outlet. But because he likes shooting almost as much as I do we tend to have more in common.

His wife and him are both really nice people, but he's still a good old smartass For all the ribbing and jiving we do around here that stuff is healthy to make fun of and laugh at each other and yourself... a little brutal honesty every now and again is pretty good stuff.

But anyway I might get him a new rifle stock just for the hell of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one of the MagPul Moes fixed rifle sticks and I like it way better than the regular A-2. It may be the right stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If his gun has an adjustable stock on it now, just pick up the MOE fixed carbine stock and he will be good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    I have one of the MagPul Moes fixed rifle sticks and I like it way better than the regular A-2. It may be the right stuff.
    What I wonder about (because of my lack of, or rather varied, experience) is that with other types of guns (shotguns in particular) you get fitted for a stock just like you would a nice pair of shoes.

For example watch this video:

With an off the shelf fixed AR stock, unless it's meticulously chosen would run a risk of having a wrong fit. Or at least in my case that's how I think. In my thought process having the wrong fit can throw your shooting way off.

For an AR my preference is for an adjustable stock because it gets you relatively where you need to be at in just seconds.

I am not sure if he has just a cheap wobbly stock and he doesn't like that or if it's something else. Anyway I will see him next week and I will ask him then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The MOE fixed recommended by both MB and Ride has spacers that you use to adjust length. Since it attaches to the receiver extension there is only wobble if the receiver extension is loose. It's a very good stock, especially for the price.

https://www.magpul.com/products/moeŽ...-carbine-stock
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa