Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Warden

Downloads
    Uploads

Surefire Warden

The Surefire Warden mounts to SF SOCOM adapters (via the SureFire Quick Attach mechanism) and pushes the concussion of the muzzle brake forward, away from the shooter.

http://www.surefire.com
    Last edited by GOST; 21 October 2015 at 15:59.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I regret going with the procomp instead of the socom brake. Been wanting one of these devices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    are there any further info about this new product? its certainly not on the website and i didnt get a chance to check out there booths for too long at NRA meet. also any news about the new warcomp too?
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surefire was pretty smart making it look like a mini-suppressor. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Surefire was pretty smart making it look like a mini-suppressor. :)
    Maybe you can actually get the warden off after sustained fire unlike their suppressors... I can only hope the similarities end at looks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe you can actually get the warden off after sustained fire unlike their suppressors... I can only hope the similarities end at looks!
    Wishful thinking is always nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize this was a problem. Even smacking it with your palm doesn't loosen it enough?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I didn't realize this was a problem. Even smacking it with your palm doesn't loosen it enough?
    600 rounds on FA might have had something to do with it.

Surefire's cans are really overrated IMHO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The supposed reduced backpressure is of interest to me, but it's not like I'm going to be buying one anytime soon. I thought my saker was carbon welded on after a carbine class, but I didn't know the trick of whacking the end of the can with my palm once in opposite directions was all it took to let it come off easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 Surefire Can's 2 SOCOM's and 1 FA212. I see no difference between the backpressure/Db levels/performance of the Legacy vs SOCOM suppressors. Now maybe with instruments there are quantifiable improvements to measure, but for $1200, I expected more from generation to generation on the suppressors. Overall, I feel like my AAC cans at half the price are just as good.

I think the trick to getting your can off is to remove it while it's still hot, before the carbon acts like super glue. I've started to use my Griffon HMMS to get a handle on the suppressor while still hot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the trick to getting your can off is to remove it while it's still hot, before the carbon acts like super glue. I've started to use my Griffon HMMS to get a handle on the suppressor while still hot.
    Agree...although I'm using the Rifles Only version of the HMMS. Half the price for the same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The instructions for my AAC SPR/M4 state that you should remove the suppressor at least every 200 rounds to prevent it locking up due to vaporized copper. I suspect 600 rounds on full auto would weld any suppressor on pretty good

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    The instructions for my AAC SPR/M4 state that you should remove the suppressor at least every 200 rounds to prevent it locking up due to vaporized copper. I suspect 600 rounds on full auto would weld any suppressor on pretty good
    Dave get out of here with your reasonable logic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a light dab of antiseize from time to time. I haven't had an issue as of yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    never had this issue it my 22 can
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)