Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire Warden

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...can you shoot this one off too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have 3 Surefire Can's 2 SOCOM's and 1 FA212. I see no difference between the backpressure/Db levels/performance of the Legacy vs SOCOM suppressors. Now maybe with instruments there are quantifiable improvements to measure, but for $1200, I expected more from generation to generation on the suppressors. Overall, I feel like my AAC cans at half the price are just as good.

I think the trick to getting your can off is to remove it while it's still hot, before the carbon acts like super glue. I've started to use my Griffon HMMS to get a handle on the suppressor while still hot.
    I haven't had the same issues with my SOCOM sticking like I have with my 212. I have found removing either while it's still hot helps, but the much bigger plus with the SOCOM for me is that the brake mount doesn't seem to prevent the can from going on when it's got a lot of build up, unlike the -212 brake mounts. I have to clean the -212 brake mounts every so often so the suppressor will be able to slide on far enough to lock. I don't have that issue with the new brakes/can. FWIW, I also haven't had that issue with the legacy -212A flash-hider, either.

The two reasons that I've continued to be happy with my Surefires were the very reason I bought them: 1) weight and 2) consistent POI shift when removed and reinstalled, especially for my precision guns.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...can you shoot this one off too?
    I've done it with a -212. Warning for those lacking the same forethought I did: don't shoot off a tan/FDE can into dry grass. It's a bitch to find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The supposed reduced backpressure is of interest to me, but it's not like I'm going to be buying one anytime soon. I thought my saker was carbon welded on after a carbine class, but I didn't know the trick of whacking the end of the can with my palm once in opposite directions was all it took to let it come off easily.
    I'll have to try that. My saker got stuck and I ended up having to have the RSO help me get it off. He held the brake flats and it took two hands for me to completely ratchet my saker off as it backed off the MAAD mount.

I contacted Silencerco about it and they told me to tighten the bejeezus out of the MAAD mount and that they've heard of this happening if the MAAD mount wasn't secured as tightly as possible to the saker body. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it since though taking it on and off at the bench has proved to work just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dave get out of here with your reasonable logic.
    Ha! Now if I could just get around to cleaning my .22lr cans before they are completely full of lead ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishroy View Post
    I'll have to try that. My saker got stuck and I ended up having to have the RSO help me get it off. He held the brake flats and it took two hands for me to completely ratchet my saker off as it backed off the MAAD mount.

I contacted Silencerco about it and they told me to tighten the bejeezus out of the MAAD mount and that they've heard of this happening if the MAAD mount wasn't secured as tightly as possible to the saker body. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it since though taking it on and off at the bench has proved to work just fine.
    Yep, almost the same thing that happened with mine after 300 rounds at a class. At the range I held the rifle and a friend two handed it, but it wouldn't budge. I finally used a geissele reaction rod and got it off at home. Then Silencerco gave me the tip on whacking the can with an open palm and I haven't had any trouble since. I can run a couple hundred rounds and it feels like it's locked up, but whack-whack and it comes off with no effort.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did anyone ever end up getting one of these?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Did anyone ever end up getting one of these?
    Website says coming soon. So unless somebody's got the hookup with surefire, I'm guessing no.

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...rs/warden.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Website says coming soon. So unless somebody's got the hookup with surefire, I'm guessing no.

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...rs/warden.html
    Thanks, I had thought some had gotten out already, evidently not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    isnt the xc1 also delayed? is this typical of surefire?
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta add this to the EOY wish list. (Though its already in the $4k range so its not all going to happen) I've been looking at defusers ever since Ferfrans released theirs and this one has caught my eye more than the rest. I'm curious about its performance though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got notice this morning it's in stock with BCM.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/SureF...-warden-bk.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got mine in the mail and took it out shooting. It's nice and locks up quick and easy. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk