Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe an odd question, but aside from some fit issues, is there any stand out benefit to running a billet lower? I'm toying with the idea of doing the SBR build and would like to get all of my information correct before I make a 'final list'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    Maybe an odd question, but aside from some fit issues, is there any stand out benefit to running a billet lower?
    Thats an ongoing debate, IMO the benefits are cosmetic. Despite that, I still love mine but not because they perform better than my forged lowers.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    some billet lowers have things like trigger guards and flared magwells built in. that could be interpretted as an improvement.

but then if you're shooting another gun that doesn't have the improvements...

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far, that's pretty much what I gather. Usually, the most talked about 'feature' so to speak is a much better fit with the upper.

I'm looking at these in a standard configuration minus the trigger guard:

http://www.c3defenseinc.com/kiss/cart.cfm?cmd=home

I'm waiting to hear back on how they do the registration as a SBR 10.5 (an order option). So I suppose you can add C-3 to the list of lowers, although there is a rumor they're simply SunDevil lowers. I do like the way they do the front of the magwell, as out of habit, that's how I've always supported when firing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    TKS makes a nice lower from my personal experience. TKS used to work for SunDevil until he decided to branch off. He still makes the forward assist uppers for SD. So design wise, you are looking at a SD lower with a built in trigger guard. Materials used is 6061 if that's important to you. Out of all the lowers we sell, we have the least amout of complaint calls coming from SD lowers which are also made from 6061. So personally, I haven't seen any real world concerns for 6061. I only have 1 TKS lower on a personal build so I can't comment too much on build quality but from what I see, I think it's a nice lower.
    I still have a SunDevil I bought from you several years back in plastic untouched. I've been thinking of selling it and getting a 7075 billet lower. I like the looks of the POF Gen III but have heard of problems with Pmags. Next would be the TI. I like the cuts in it.

TS

ETA: Thanks for the guide, Stick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The C3 lowers look good. I've always liked the uniqueness of billet lowers. TigerS, any reason you were thinking of selling your SD for a 7075?
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    The C3 lowers look good. I've always liked the uniqueness of billet lowers. TigerS, any reason you were thinking of selling your SD for a 7075?

No real reason behind it. It's just been laying around for so long.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a TKS and two Sun Devils and I too love the billet lowers. Nice fit, refined lines, very chic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another Billet on the block. Any experiences? They do a dedicated 9mm too.

DDLES

Nothing special but very clean and simple. $160 price tag too.
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 15 November 2009 at 14:41. Reason: Photo
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info. They even have a Vltor matching receiver which I am very interested in. I wonder how it will match the Vltor finish wise. I am definitely waiting for the reviews on this one :)