Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Started a 1911 build

After a lot of number juggling, it looks like it'll be cheaper for me to buy a blank slide and frame for my 1911 build, rather than buy a finished 1911 and modify it.

So I ordered a Caspian slide and frame today, for some reason I expected it to come within a week or two.
    Nope! 8-10 weeks beofre the slide and frame will ship.

Thats ok though, as it will give me time to collect the other bits and peaces. It will also give me time to figure out how I can document this process. I've considdered taking pictures and doing write-ups but that seems like a lot of work.

Would you all be interested in watching youtube videos of the process? or reading about it? Would you be interested in the process at all? Some input on this subject would be appreciated.

I've also been keeping a spreadsheet of all modifications/ prices associated with the build, and I can post that somewhere if you all are interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    YouTube is great! Would keep my interest longer than reading, imo, and I'm very interested to follow this as its a project I would like to work on as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    YouTube is fine with me. I'd also like to see the spreadsheet!
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Would you all be interested in watching youtube videos of the process? or reading about it?
    Both would be ideal. Video of the process to see how it is done, but with photos to study at each step.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both or at least YouTube. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just made a quick video to test out my camera setup and how uploading to youtube works. I'm still waiting on more parts to come in so I decided to talk about the basic tools that I'll be using.

Let me know what you guys think, or if you would like me to do something different with the video in the future.

Close up Sear Jig

Broken Arkansas Stone

10-8 Stuff

Used v. New Coarse Ceramic Stone

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is gonna be nice, keep us updated.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    This is gonna be nice, keep us updated.
    X2...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted some more videos yesterday. They are processing right now but should be active in about an hour.

Caspian shipped the frame and it should be here some time this week! very excited!

aaannd....

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is something I have never had nerve enough to try though I have always wanted too. I will definitely be following along. Good stuff so far. Keep 'em coming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYSA, I got the frame and slide in last week. Just having trouble finding time to block out for a video. Hope to post one this coming weekend

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just uploaded another video discussing the different features and specs of the slide and frame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apologies for not updating this thread recently. Professional and personal life have become very hectic in the past few weeks.

I was able to fit the bushing recently so I will post something about that, hopefully in a week or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FINALLY sat down and made another video about fitting the bushing to the slide. I didn't document the actual process but hopefully I explained the process in enough detail to where it makes sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is turning out fantastic!