Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My super car is a Nissan Note.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    JGifford, I haven't heard of the FA deadlining the weapon, but think it could happen in just the right circumstance with all the ingredients Murphy could dole out, but then the same could be said of a few components that are exposed to the elements as well :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Super fuel efficient, that is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    JGifford, I haven't heard of the FA deadlining the weapon, but think it could happen in just the right circumstance with all the ingredients Murphy could dole out, but then the same could be said of a few components that are exposed to the elements as well :)
    The internals come apart or break and lock it up tight. (Pawl pin)
    The original m16 had no external plunger. The forward assist was the half moon. Cut out in the carrier. Fits the mk1 thumb and has 0 moving parts. Forward manipulation was limited by human ability and prevented users from making a bad situation worse via hamfisted wailing. You didn't think it was there just because it was a relief for the door detent, did you?
    Last edited by JGifford; 27 April 2015 at 04:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No stress brother, I traded my rocket ships for a 360hp awd suv. It's decent. But not fast. What it is is amazing in snow and ice in the mountains I moved to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an SUV also, it's an Acura MDX. Wife usually drives it though. She doesn't like it when I take it to my range to shoot, it comes back with cow manure on it. I drive the Note cause it only cost me $15 in gas every 2 weeks, the savings goes into the ammo fund.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope I do know the shape in the carrier facing the dust cover wasn't a coincidence, and a form of forward assist already existed in that shape before the FA in its current housing came along.

As to its preventing the users from doing something stupid, of that I'm not sure whether it's by design, or simply a result of its shape that happens to prevent users from exerting too much force on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    That titanium LDFA looks nice, is it going in the UAR?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design LDFA

That titanium LDFA looks nice, is it going in the UAR?
    Yep along with the unfinished ABC-R(f) and the EMR or EMR-C

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still waiting for a Ti DLC version. I hate raw Ti.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Nice shot, man! Those are made by Northtech Defense for Forward Controls, aren't they? I've got a couple of the NTD titanium forward assists i'm thinking about customizing with a little heat anodizing just for something different.

I did manage to score a couple of ABC-R(f)s from the batch Rainier Arms got. They are little works of art. Looks like i need to build a new lower.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Northtech Defense does make the LDFAs for us
    They will also make the ABC/R (billet) for us as well.

For folks that don't want a shiny component on a camo or black AR, there's the black oxide coated 17-4 stainless steel LDFA, the weight is still less than a factory FA (due to its rimless design and the shallow band next to the plunger's tip)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duffy, I'd swear I saw a black Ionbond LDFA on one of your dealers' sites, but it's been sold out forever. Is that still a thing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, it's on tacticalink.com. It was delayed and then never got done, now it's too late and expensive to send the complete Ti LDFAs to get coated, so we'll have to wait till the next LDFA-Ti production