Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hangin Out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    All you Michigan people should know this by now: West Side is the best side... Alas we have close to nothing in terms of firearms related attractions -_-

Guess I'll have to make the drive out toward that neck of the woods one of these days, unless some of you are going to be at the Grand Rapids gun and knife show this weekend :D
    Hey, what part of the west side? We (MGO) are having a board meeting and fun shoot this Saturday, 2pm at Silver Bullet in Wyoming, MI . I'll be there. Don't know if I'll get to shoot as I'll have the baby but come on out, shoot on our dime (you bring ammo) and have some snacks & good conversation.

Anyone else in the area is free to attend too. I actually forgot about it until I read this post (good thing too since I NEED to be there.)
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Hey, what part of the west side? We (MGO) are having a board meeting and fun shoot this Saturday, 2pm at Silver Bullet in Wyoming, MI . I'll be there. Don't know if I'll get to shoot as I'll have the baby but come on out, shoot on our dime (you bring ammo) and have some snacks & good conversation.

Anyone else in the area is free to attend too. I actually forgot about it until I read this post (good thing too since I NEED to be there.)
    Nice! I might have to make time for that. I'm about 30 minutes west in Holland and was planning on being in GR for the gun show.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Anyone else in the area is free to attend too.
    You provide me transpo and I'll come

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    You provide me transpo and I'll come
    Your mom only giving rides to the mall?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's a 3rd degree burn right there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't encourage him to pick on kids.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Don't encourage him to pick on kids.
    I'm still hearing that sizzle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We were all young at one time, and now we're just old.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Not even, only to the ice cream parlor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    We were all young at one time, and now we're just old.
    Lol - my body is telling me otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Lol - my body is telling me otherwise.
    At 25, I can say that a lot of days I feel 50. Knee surgery at 10. 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung and punctured liver at 14. Numerous shoulder and ankle injuries. Having fun as a kid catches up real quick. I'm learning that now, especially with my back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    At 25, I can say that a lot of days I feel 50. Knee surgery at 10. 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung and punctured liver at 14. Numerous shoulder and ankle injuries. Having fun as a kid catches up real quick. I'm learning that now, especially with my back.
    What in the _____?! Who are you? Evil Knievel?

FWIW I am a fine one to talk. I had a horrible accident when I was 15 and wound up spending 2 weeks in the hospital and I was unable to use my right arm (at all) for an entire year. My professional sports career was over in a heart beat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What in the _____?! Who are you? Evil Knievel?

FWIW I am a fine one to talk. I had a horrible accident when I was 15 and wound up spending 2 weeks in the hospital and I was unable to use my right arm (at all) for an entire year. My professional sports career was over in a heart beat.
    Same as far as my sports career. All my injuries came from skiing except a broken wrist. The two big ones were a torn acl at 10 and I hit a tree in the woods going about 40 or so mph when I was 14. Thank my lucky stars I'm not dead. No helmet on, if I had hit my head id almost definitely be dead or brain damaged. I hit the tree in just the right way that I didn't break my back. My ribs broke about a centimeter from my spine. One went into my liver, and my right lung collapsed. 2 weeks with a chest tube in the hospital, 6mos bed rest.

That happened 2 days before baseball started my freshman year of high school. Any sport involving any risk of contact was out of the question for over a year, so I switched to golf.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Knee surgery at 10.
    ... that will probably be me one day. I love running (call me crazy) ... but my body sometimes begs to differ lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same as far as my sports career. All my injuries came from skiing except a broken wrist. The two big ones were a torn acl at 10 and I hit a tree in the woods going about 40 or so mph when I was 14. Thank my lucky stars I'm not dead. No helmet on, if I had hit my head id almost definitely be dead or brain damaged. I hit the tree in just the right way that I didn't break my back. My ribs broke about a centimeter from my spine. One went into my liver, and my right lung collapsed. 2 weeks with a chest tube in the hospital, 6mos bed rest.

That happened 2 days before baseball started my freshman year of high school. Any sport involving any risk of contact was out of the question for over a year, so I switched to golf.
    I was practicing for national championships in waterskiing (Barefoot) when I had a really bad crash. I tore my arm over my head the wrong way at 40mph. I basically chicken boned my right shoulder. I played football and to a lesser degree baseball but I couldn't do ANYTHING after that. I had a major reconstruction of my right shoulder right after I turned 16.

I had everything lined up... free boats and cars etc etc. As for football my football team that I was on was ranked #1 in the nation by USA today and just about everyone got a full 4 year ride. (I ended up paying my own way through college)

A couple of years after my first accident I moved to Park City and took up snow skiing which was pretty fun (but I never got really good at it) then again I was just trying to have fun and stay out of the emergency room. A few years after that I moved to the North Shore of Oahu and attempted to do things like surf a 15 foot Pipeline bomb (for the record I got my ass kicked and never wanted to do that again)...I was able to make it on smaller waves... about 6-8 footers are the real fun kind!!!!

My shoulder has never gotten better since my original accident so despite my nature to do crazy things like jump out of planes or surf big waves or whatever it's always been a very limiting thing. Wake up in the hospital 5 or 6 times and pretty soon that stuff gets old. My accident was shall we say 'life altering'... in a big way.