Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My wording was poor. Is the gas tube is included with the cost stated was what I was asking. I really would like to see the internals of this. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    My wording was poor. Is the gas tube is included with the cost stated was what I was asking. I really would like to see the internals of this. Thanks.
    Oh sorry. Yes, comes with the gas tube in the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Probably the www.madcustomcoating.com advertised on the pic.
    Yes indeed. It is their pic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    11B....what barrel config are you running or have ran? I'm going to use a 10.5" WOA barrel. I'm awaiting my GB to be pinned by ADCO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dug around a bit more online. Never knew these existed, even though they've been available for a couple years. I do see sporadic reports that it doesn't work well with 7.62 cans, since there's less back pressure. Curious if there's any truth to this.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I dug around a bit more online. Never knew these existed, even though they've been available for a couple years. I do see sporadic reports that it doesn't work well with 7.62 cans, since there's less back pressure. Curious if there's any truth to this.
    Good to know.....I'll be running a Saker762 with mine so I'll see how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Good to know.....I'll be running a Saker762 with mine so I'll see how it goes.
    I have a Saker762, too. If it doesn't work, I guess you could try the smaller 5.56 end cap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also seeing reports online of "leaking" and that the barrel gas port needs to be enlarged.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do recall being told the WAR likes a gas port range somewhere between .085" -.093". I use a 16" Rainier Select 1:8 barrel and will be running one with a Rainier 18" Match hopefully within a few months. In regards to leaking, I actually just removed my rail for the first time last night in probably 1500 all suppressed rounds and there was minimal gas "dusting" around the barrel/barrel nut and where the gas tube enters the upper. A QTip dusted it all off. A lot probably has to do with the type of ammo; I am using cleaner burning Handloads versus something like Wolf steel cases ammo. A little gas dust shows on the outside of the receiver near the switch and just forward of the ejection port after shooting but nothing serious. I'll save the review for interior/bolt fouling build up and pics

For a 10-12" barrel, you may still need an H buffer...I think Phillip told me that when I was talking about my 10.5" gun.

I think Daniel Defense barrels are fine, as they use a larger gas port. Check with specific manufacturers regarding Gas port size versus gas system length. I have heard of people with smaller gas ports on the .0750" side using a 3/32" drill bit either in a handrail or a drillpress and opening up their own gas port but do that at your own risk. You could always send it into a Smith like ADCO for a quick rip.

I had not heard about the WAR and function with some 7.62 cans...I was even wondering about a reflex style can (AAC SPR/M4, OPS, AE, Griffin OTB) not generating enough back pressure due to the design. If a smaller end cap is an option, I would use that, otherwise a call to Innovative may provide some insight I can't (or I can compile some questions I can't answer and forward them to IA/Phillip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit that having to purposefully use a barrel with a larger than ideal-spec gas port in order for this to work doesn't really appeal to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit that having to purposefully use a barrel with a larger than ideal-spec gas port in order for this to work doesn't really appeal to me.
    Same as the Govnah GB. Interesting GB but it's heavy and uses a larger gas port.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested to see your full write up on this WAR upper 11B. Like I mentioned before, I haven't decided what to do with mine as I've been pretty satisfied with my switchblock uppers. However, I'm always interested to entertain builds that reduce gas in my face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't really say "larger than ideal" because many big name barrels come with gas ports already in the WAR's acceptable range, like Rainier, DD, FN, etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm interested to see your full write up on this WAR upper 11B. Like I mentioned before, I haven't decided what to do with mine as I've been pretty satisfied with my switchblock uppers. However, I'm always interested to entertain builds that reduce gas in my face.
    I am definitely working on it, but I may need to for two-part write up. I was going to shoot today, having cleaned the WAR rifle and another (both suppressed) but it's raining like a beast all weekend. I was going to shoot 100 or 200 rounds through each and show build up/fouling and try to take temperature readings to see if one ran cooler than the other. But given the rainy weekend that part is a wash for now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I wouldn't really say "larger than ideal" because many big name barrels come with gas ports already in the WAR's acceptable range, like Rainier, DD, FN, etc
    DD is definitely larger than ideal. They're known for being quite overgassed. It just seems weird to buy an out-of-spec barrel to go with an expensive upper to have it function right. I like the concept, but if the upper requires a larger gas port than normal, then it's losing gas at some point (probably the tube->upper junction).

Anyway, I won't argue the point any more. Looking forward to your results. :)