Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Took the new barrel for a test run

Shot with the new barrel for the first time today sighting in. Only had 1/2 an hour to get it sighted in. Can't wait to really lock it down and stretch it's legs!

50 yards, XM193. Target is 6". Bullseye is 1/2", inner rings are 1/2" and the 7 ring is 1" (for reference).

White Oak Armament 18" SPR (got in trade)
    Milspec trigger (for now, need to figure out that to get)
    Bushnell 1-4x BDC (for now)

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    What triggers you considering?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    What triggers you considering?
    Don't really have a clue right now, I need to do some more reading. I was thinking about doing my own trigger job on it for now with some JP springs.
    Did this on my carbine and it made a world of difference. It's still no CMC or Geissele but much better than stock.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Groups like that with XM193 are impressive, even at 50 yards. Brownell's has that barrel on sale for $219 right now and I'm very tempted, but am holding off to see if I find an equivalent deal on a Mega or Rainier. I like to support my hometown team, but I think highly of WOA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Groups like that with XM193 are impressive, even at 50 yards. Brownell's has that barrel on sale for $219 right now and I'm very tempted, but am holding off to see if I find an equivalent deal on a Mega or Rainier. I like to support my hometown team, but I think highly of WOA.
    I was surprised honestly, especially with this scope.

Had it not been a trade and I was purchasing, I would have gone Rainier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm happy with mine. I'm getting .75" 5 shot groups on good days with handloads, last week, it was shooting over 1". Probably a me problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First question more than anything... what is the purpose behind the build of your rifle? Basically what kind of gun are you building? Which the follow up to that will be what kind of performance is satisfactory for your desires?

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for triggers go, I don't have a lot of experience with other stuff but I love my CMC. Triggers though are a lot about preference.

On the scope, I ran one of those Bushnell 1-4x scopes that I ended up selling to James after I bought my Vortex.

With that scope I was running I was able to shoot sub moa at 100 yards... I had to take some time to get there but it did it. It definitely took lots of fiddling though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice shooting bro, I almost feel bad for you guys who have to goto indoor ranges though... couldn't imagine being confined to a little spot and told what I could and couldn't do.

I'm with you on doing the trigger job yourself since you already have it in the gun. What can you lose by doing it? I'm really starting to warm up to my ALG ACT trigger for the price though, I really underestimated them when I first got it. If you do decide to replace I'd give ALG a hard look, I mean you can get like what 4 ALG's for the price of a geissele?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Nice shooting bro, I almost feel bad for you guys who have to goto indoor ranges though... couldn't imagine being confined to a little spot and told what I could and couldn't do.

I'm with you on doing the trigger job yourself since you already have it in the gun. What can you lose by doing it? I'm really starting to warm up to my ALG ACT trigger for the price though, I really underestimated them when I first got it. If you do decide to replace I'd give ALG a hard look, I mean you can get like what 4 ALG's for the price of a geissele?
    Thanks man. But don't lie, you DO feel bad for us indoor shooters.
    It is nice to have in the winter though.
    I will be buying a membership to a club this spring and plan on being in a new house (area) by summer 2017.

I'll look at the ALG.

POU is a rifle that can get good hits (as close to MOA as I can do) at 200 to start and MAYBE 600 with more time and better glass.
    There is a monthly match I'd like to start taking part in. 200, 400 & 600 yard shoots.

And of course it should be a rifle I could trust my life with should I need to.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Took the new barrel for a test run

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Thanks man. But don't lie, you DO feel bad for us indoor shooters.
    It is nice to have in the winter though.

I will be buying a membership to a club this spring and plan on being in a new house (area) by summer 2017.

I'll look at the ALG.

POU is a rifle that can get good hits (as close to MOA as I can do) at 200 to start and MAYBE 600 with more time and better glass.

There is a monthly match I'd like to start taking part in. 200, 400 & 600 yard shoots.

And of course it should be a rifle I could trust my life with should I need to.

Sorry bro forgot your doing long range work with that rig.
    If your planning to shoot at extended range id skip the alg and go for something like a geissele ssa-e when the Black Friday sales roll around.

The ALG is a fine trigger and it's broken in nicely but I've got it in a 10.5 for 75 yards and in work which I think it shines in that role. If you start pushing it past 200 I think the weight and creep of the ALG might throw shots

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Sorry bro forgot your doing long range work with that rig.
    If your planning to shoot at extended range id skip the alg and go for something like a geissele ssa-e when the Black Friday sales roll around.

The ALG is a fine trigger and it's broken in nicely but I've got it in a 10.5 for 75 yards and in work which I think it shines in that role. If you start pushing it past 200 I think the weight and creep of the ALG might throw shots
    Right. That sounds like it would be perfect in my carbine or the pistol that's in the works. I still need to do some reading. Long(ish) range has never been my game.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownells was running a sale on the G2S-E for $150 I think. I have a few G2S, plus a SSA and SSA-E. There's no difference in feel between the G2S and SSA, same for the E version. Just slightly more annoying to install due to the clip on the G2S.

I used my 18" SPR setup for a long time with a G2S before switching to the SSA-E. More than adequate. The E is just a bit nicer.

Also, love WOA. If I could go back and do it again I would buy the barrel you got instead of my Noveske, and saved $150.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Brownells was running a sale on the G2S-E for $150 I think. I have a few G2S, plus a SSA and SSA-E. There's no difference in feel between the G2S and SSA, same for the E version. Just slightly more annoying to install due to the clip on the G2S.

I used my 18" SPR setup for a long time with a G2S before switching to the SSA-E. More than adequate. The E is just a bit nicer.

Also, love WOA. If I could go back and do it again I would buy the barrel you got instead of my Noveske, and saved $150.
    Thanks for the tips on triggers!

That's good to hear about the barrel. I'd only ever heard of the name before the trade. I didn't know a think about them good or bad.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good post slippers. I've never tried a G2S but it sounds like a winner