Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Wow, thank you for posting these pics, can we use them?
    Would be great if you can use them. Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC/R, in all configurations (5.56mm and 7.62mm spec, serrated and dimpled) will be produced by Northtech Defense for us. Northtech already makes the serrated 5.56mm ABC/Rs for Forward Controls. ABC/R-F (forged) has ceased production, but may resume at a later date.

EMR-A (ambi mag release), and another SCAR project will be produced by Northtech as well.

Northtech and I go way back, we've been very pleased with the quality. With their support, we're able to bring forth more projects that were too complicated or expensive for others to produce, and I am very excited about that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooooo what you're saying is, if I want I ABC-R/F and redi-catch combo, I should get it now?

Is there any appreciable difference between the forged and not?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I intend on resuming ABC/R-F production at a later date, we have a handful left, while dealers such as Rainier Arms and Tacticalink have more in stock at this point. So yes, if you want the forged bolt catch with Ambi-Catch in a bundle, that particular combination won't be around much longer, the ABC/R (forged) will be the only option.

Forged is stronger, but it's an overkill and we know it. In practical terms, there isn't noticeable and appreciable difference between the two, as both are precision CNC machined into shape, and not of unknown origin and quality of MIM.

I'm not at all concerned about the ABC/R-F. The original ABC/R was billet, and so it will be as the only version again till we get ABC/R-F going once more.

The good that came out of this is we'll have dimpled, and 7.62mm version soon, and they will be more consistent in machining than before :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha gotcha. May hold out to see how the dimpled version turns out then.

I plan to use the combo on my newest project. :)
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both (ABC/R-F and ABC/R) and honestly don't notice much of a difference once they are on the rifles, both are excellent. Hope your saving me a dimpled one

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ordered 5 forged ones from Rainier. Looking forward to the 7.62 release! I hope we hear it first cause I've got needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys will hear about the 7.62mm version as soon as we have them in our hands, we ordered more than we ever did in the past, in all caliber versions and paddle styles. Oh I forgot to mention the Ti version

I can't wait to show you guys the EMR-A I don't know if we'll file a patent on it this time, it sucks up a lot of funds we could have used to finance more projects. Speaking of which, both the LFDA and ABC/R patents will be issued in 3 weeks or so
    Last edited by Duffy; 17 June 2016 at 21:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, anymore teasers for us?

Eager to see the dimpled version still. And ALSO want to know about this EMR-A.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soon

The EMR-A might see some minor changes, pending beta testing results. It's already on a second revised design, though the mag catch portion remains the same, the lever/pad is significantly changed in shape and size to have a larger usable surface area, better traction and grip, it also bears family resemblance to the ABC/R's upper paddle in some respect, though as usual, we worked on aesthetics last. Its shape is determined by its function. The ABC/R uses the same design language. Simple, elegant and effective, it is designed for a duty/combat weapon, not an eye candy for a wall hanger.

We worked with High Velocity Arms on the basic mag catch portion, the lever/paddle is not like anything in existence though, and the mag catch portion was heavily changed to accommodate it. Like HVA's AMR, the EMR-A's lever/paddle pivots on the receiver. This design has its pros and cons, we went with it because we can't infringe on Norgon's patent, and this design offers flexibility in areas we consider important. We deem the pros outweigh the cons, so the project moved forward.

That the lever pivots on the receiver will attract the ire of some potential customers, we accept that it's not for folks that want to preserve their $1000 receivers, it was always meant to be a component of a firearm that goes in harm's way, not a decoration or conversation piece.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, if you need more EMR-A beta testers...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will the new catch have the ability to lock the bolt open from either side (doesn't matter which) without moving your hand from the grip?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski, I was ready to incorporate the Redi-Catch feature into the EMR-A, but AXTS didn't want to license it so I stopped developing it. Boonie Packer pays AXTS royalties for the mag button actuated bolt lock, though my attorney doesn't see why. Josh Underwood and I go way back, I have no interest in starting a patent fight with him.

I like Redi-Catch and carry it in our store, it would have been a cool add on option for the EMR-A

cjd3, if we have enough test units, I'll be glad to send you one. It'd be in the white, probably not even deburred.
    Last edited by Duffy; 8 July 2016 at 06:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly the mag release pivoting on the lower makes no difference to me with the exception of issues I've ran into in the past. With some billet lowers having a thickened profile causing the mag catch to poorly engage on the magazine or in a few extreme cases not at all. Those lowers even cause issues with the Norgon catches being sunk so far past the surface it's hard to drop the mag.

No easy work around seems likely to me though.