Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design GPT (Gas tube Pin Tool)

GPT (Gas tube Pin Tool) is a jig tailor made for installing and removing the gas tube roll pin on an AR15/M16 low profile gas block. Machined in 6061 aluminum and Type III hard coat anodized, GPT makes installing the gas tube pin on a low profile gas block painless. GPT is designed to be stable and surefooted, but it is no larger than it has to be, in order to retain a reasonable small footprint on the crowded workbench.

Most low profile gas blocks don't have flats, and are hard to hold steady without requiring 3 hands to install the diminutive gas tube roll pin. GPT enables the user to install the gas tube roll pin, and remove it as well with ease.

We made its base thick and wide for stability, its base is rebated to allow the user to clamp it down in a vise. Thoughtful touches can be found on the GPT, from the scalloped finger access recess to the soft, rounded corners and edges, even its green color has a purpose. Most gas blocks are black, we wanted GPT to be anything but, as we found it more difficult to work on a black gas block that sits in a black jig. GPT's green color provides a pleasant contrast and makes the black gas block stand out.

With a small Neodymium magnet placed on the gas block, it's powerful enough to stand the gas tube roll pin can upright, perpendicular to the gas tube, above the gas tube pin. With one hand holding the gas block steady in the GPT, one can start tapping on the gas tube roll pin to get it started.

Compatible with most gas blocks including Modern Armory, our GBF (Gas Block, Forward Controls), BCM, Rainier, VLTOR, Knight's Armament, SLR, or other low profile gas blocks based on the original Crane design.

GPT is a collaboration between Modern Armory and Forward Controls Design.

Name:  JPT.JPG
Views: 1021
Size:  59.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually install my Gas Tube Pins by putting the barrel/upper/GB on a reaction rod and turn it to the side. Works... most of the time, but frustrating when it doesn't.

Definitely ordering one of these. You're the man Roger! Another useful tool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's useful for when you don't have access to a vise, and find yourself trying to drive a tiny pin into a tiny hole on a round object that likes to do anything but stay put lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a great tool, Roger. Any thoughts about a drill jig? Seems like an opportunity to help a lot of people who assemble their own. With that, I'm sure it also presents a chance for inept builders to screw something else up. Is this how you get whether to release a tool to the public, or not?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just last night I enjoyed trying to balance a low profile gas block on a generic wheeler bench block, using my left hand to simultaneously brace the gas block in the V & hold the pin punch, while trying to drive the pin without the block or barrel shifting. And now you want to take that away from me????

(***immediately places order***)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure about a drilling jig, so many variables...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Yeah... don't do it.

Too many different gas blocks, and no shortage of garage armorers ready to fuck it up and blame the jig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Don't bother with a jig, not needed and as you said so many different blocks. I stopped using a jig a long time ago, my mill with center drill does a way better job than jig and hand drill.

This tool look really awesome and I will be ordering. It's like you read my mind, I was brainstorming milling out a Delrin block to do just this.