Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much!
    I'm gratified to see ABC/Rs on many receivers sans ambi mag catch (for which the ABC/R was designed to work with). The impetus for more usable surface area, especially for the lower paddle, remains valid whether an ambi mag catch is present or not. The factory bolt catch's lower paddle is not much more than an afterthought, which I was constantly bitching about.

In other news, dimpled bolt catches (5.56mm version first) will be available in two months (probably less). As soon as we have the design patent filed, I will post pics

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like this combination

Redi-Catch allows the user to lock the bolt back by using the mag release button, but its presence means there can be no ambi mag release, something we'll try to address

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I like this combination

Redi-Catch allows the user to lock the bolt back by using the mag release button, but its presence means there can be no ambi mag release, something we'll try to address

You're killing me with anticipation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bundle can be found here http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Bun...ucts_c_15.html

Redi-Catch can also be purchased by itself, if you already have the ABC/R. Don't forget to email me about a WEVO code

Downloads
    Uploads

Components by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post

Components by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Great photo Dave. The only question is, how did you even manage to get any photos of the receivers since you put it together so fast!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Great photo Dave. The only question is, how did you even manage to get any photos of the receivers since you put it together so fast!
    Magic. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just placed an order for a forged ABC-R. Very excited in testing it out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you
    Dimpled version will be out soon. We're filing the patent for it in a few days, then I can share some pics with you guys. There will be a titanium version down the road, as well. Both the 308 and Ti bolt catches will do away with lightening cuts. For the 308 version, we don't want folks to be concerned about its strength. For the Ti version, the lightening cuts are unnecessary :)
    Last edited by Duffy; 12 May 2016 at 12:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dimpled version will be out soon. We're filing the patent for it in a few days, then I can share some pics with you guys. There will be a titanium version down the road, as well. Both the 308 and Ti bolt catches will do away with lightening cuts. For the 308 version, we don't want folks to be concerned about its strength. For the Ti version, the lightening cuts are unnecessary :)
    Cool!

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    We filed the patent last Friday, so we can now show it to the public, I think most of you guys already have an idea how the dimpled ABC/R-F would look. I thought it was a straight forward design change, alas, nothing is ever as easy as it first appears.

This is the 7.62mm version.

I already knew that it wouldn't be as simple as replacing serrations with dimples. On the standard ABC/R-F, the serrations extend from the top paddle downward, and gives the user's finger more serrated surface to press on.

On the dimpled ABC/R-F, we used different sized dimples on the paddles and stalk. Large diameter dimples for the top paddle, and elsewhere, smaller dimples. The dimples are rounded at the bottom, but they're fairly steep dimples to provide better traction. We reworked the dimples dimensions and arrangement patterns several times until we were happy with it.

The end result is an ABC/R-F that offers good traction from all angles of approach. The standard ABC/R-F's horizontal serrations are best at offering resistance and traction at near vertical angle of approach, and very good when the angle changes, up to 50 degree or so. Dimpled paddles put up nearly identical amount of resistance and traction, regardless of the angle of approach.

The 5.56mm version of dimpled ABC/R-F should be out in a month in limited availability. When the 7.62mm ABC/R-F comes out, it'll have both the serrated and dimpled version
    Last edited by Duffy; 17 May 2016 at 10:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! I'm digging those beveled edges as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We filed the patent last Friday, so we can now show it to the public, I think most of you guys already have an idea how the dimpled ABC/R-F would look. I thought it was a straight forward design change, alas, nothing is ever as easy as it first appears.

This is the 7.62mm version.

I already knew that it wouldn't be as simple as replacing serrations with dimples. On the standard ABC/R-F, the serrations extend from the top paddle downward, and gives the user's finger more serrated surface to press on.

On the dimpled ABC/R-F, we used different sized dimples on the paddles and stalk. Large diameter dimples for the top paddle, and elsewhere, smaller dimples. The dimples are rounded at the bottom, but they're fairly steep dimples to provide better traction. We reworked the dimples dimensions and arrangement patterns several times until we were happy with it.

The end result is an ABC/R-F that offers good traction from all angles of approach. The standard ABC/R-F's horizontal serrations are best at offering resistance and traction at near vertical angle of approach, and very good when the angle changes to up 50 degree or so. Dimpled paddles put up nearly identical amount of resistance and traction, regardless of the angle of approach.

The 5.56mm version of dimpled ABC/R-F should be out in a month in limited availability. When the 7.62mm ABC/R-F comes out, it'll have both the serrated and dimpled version
    Interesting. I like that you give details in your updates.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thank you for posting these pics, can we use them?