Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger, got an ETA for the dimpled ABC/R's? Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And the AR308 version please, while you're at it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy birthday Roger.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! It's our wedding anniversary too

Downloads
    Uploads
    Way to cut your gifts in half Roger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crap!
    It worked out on that date, also that way I won't forget our anniversary, though leave it me to almost forget about it this year lol. Flowers already bought and on her office desk

Both serrated and dimpled, in both 223 and 308 versions, will be available. We're really behind on production, hindered by the problems of one shop after another. Thankfully, both of these will be behind us, and a reliable production schedule will be norm.
    Last edited by Duffy; 12 October 2016 at 08:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even when used in a role for which it wasn't intended, it's still better than the factory option Photo courtesy of Kyle Chanko.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger, any updates on either the dimpled ABC/R or any of your projects?

Downloads
    Uploads
    din,
    The dimpled 223 will be prototyped next week, approved and in production soon after. This should have been done already, but we had several changes (none we could do anything about, but we're glad they happened) that impacted production and development schedule which put everything back by a few months.

But the good news is that the new ABC/Rs in any version will be nearly flawless in machining and coating. As good as the ones we've been making in the last 1.5 years so far, I could not believe the quality of the new incoming units from our partner in TX, which will be producing most, if not all of our toys.

There are no tool marks or little imperfections in machining that used to bother me sometimes, these show up in macro photography. Though they're rare, a little bit inside me dies when I see them.
    Last edited by Duffy; 4 November 2016 at 09:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! I have two current SBR builds in progress that I've been wanting to use these on.

Nothing wrong with being being persnickety when your name is attached to something. I haven't noticed anything off about any of the FCD products I've purchased, but I don't really worry about that most of the time. All I care about is that they function well, and they always do. I'm super excited to see what the little embellishments are that you plan on adding to the upper receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There were designed to go on defense/duty/combat weapons, not for beauty contests. Even so, we can't / don't use the Soviet/Russian "crude but works" as a model A high level of fit and finish is expected of them.

About 50% of the first batch of EMRs and EMR-Cs were rejected during QC for anodizing imperfections, those were given away as swag, not sold as blemished units. Once installed, these tiny spots are completely invisible, and I don't think anyone would care. But we know they're there, and we care. When we painstakingly craft instructions cards for a magazine release button that requires no explanations and instructions, and say we pay attention to details, we show this in deeds, not just words

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Crap!
    It worked out on that date, also that way I won't forget our anniversary, though leave it me to almost forget about it this year lol. Flowers already bought and on her office desk

Both serrated and dimpled, in both 223 and 308 versions, will be available. We're really behind on production, hindered by the problems of one shop after another. Thankfully, both of these will be behind us, and a reliable production schedule will be norm.
    Just a word of warning: Don't EVER make the "It's just another day" comment so many people say in referrence to their birthdays! Of course, if your nuts went into a jar in the dresser on your weeding night, proceed.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool and low maintenance as my wife is, I don't think she'll be ok with me forgetting our wedding anniversary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally! The latest prototypes that will go in production

These are prototypes that have some imperfections that will be worked out in production units.

The name (ABC/R) describes both serrated and dimpled paddle variations, and both 223 and 308 versions. I'm thinking about calling the dimpled version ABC/R AA for "All Angles", to contrast the serrated ABC/R paddles that are very effective at providing traction for vertical movements, but not as well when the finger access them from an angle.
    Last edited by Duffy; 17 November 2016 at 17:33.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Finally! The latest prototypes that will go in production

The name (ABC/R) describes both serrated and dimpled paddle variations, and both 223 and 308 versions. I'm thinking about calling the dimpled version ABC/R AA for "All Angles", to contrast the serrated ABC/R paddles that are very effective at providing traction for vertical movements, but not as well when the finger access them from an angle.
    Hey hey! Looking cool.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/