Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As folks that have received a copy of the ABC/R-AA have most likely noticed, the texture of the dimpled ABC/R is more grainy than smooth. This batch of ABC/R-AA has been individually bead blasted to take on coating better. It's a time consuming process that doesn't yield a better performing product, it's strictly for the sake of black oxide.

Next year we're switching to black nitride coating, it'll cost us more per unit but there will not be a price increase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger, I noticed on the packaging for the AA it lists Grade 2 Ti and DLC as potential options; are those in the works?

Downloads
    Uploads
    17-4 SS is back on the table, Ti and DLC coated Ti are being delayed and may get cancelled. 17-4 SS is a good material for corrosion resistance, Ti is just too trendy.

But all is subject to change we may see a Ti version down the road, but we're actively working to get 17-4 ABC/R back in production again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A4419.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  744.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance of a WEVO group buy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Name:  5S3A4419.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  744.1 KB
    Your dimples seem shallower than mine. Must be the angle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyzik, I thought yours was a prototype. Yours also has no spacing between dots. In fact, one in the center dots looks like the wall is eroded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyME View Post
    Any chance of a WEVO group buy?
    Just PM Duffy for the WEVO code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Pyzik, I thought yours was a prototype. Yours also has no spacing between dots. In fact, one in the center dots looks like the wall is eroded.
    Nah, probably my lack of post processing skills. I had to clean up the images a bit and you're probably seeing my errors. The machining is clean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger any progress in the 308 variant of the ABC/R?

Downloads
    Uploads
    308 was pushed back a bit to make more ABC/R-AAs, but that batch was just delivered. Next in line is the much delayed EMR-A.

308 was going to be next, but I'm prioritizing EMR-A, it's the hardest one and takes the longest to work on, which gives our checkbook a break, we spent tons of dough on R&D this year

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pic Richard posted looks like it has very shallow dimples, it appears it's just the lighting, they pretty much all look like this

Downloads
    Uploads
    That one Richard posted is clearly different. The remaining flats between the dimpling shows that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Richard, can you have a look at your ABC/R-AA and confirm?

So it appears Richard got one that's a reject, the correctly dimpled ABC/R-AAs are on their way
    Last edited by Duffy; 27 December 2016 at 16:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC/R v2 is in production, first in 17-4 SS, available with bead blasted or polished finishes, ETA is 4 weeks.

V2 changes:

For 8620 ABC/R v2s, coating is changed to black nitrided finish, they will no longer be black oxided. It's an extra cost procedure but there will not be a corresponding increase in MSRP. 17-4 SS is available in bead blasted or polished finish.

Deletion of lightening cuts. This isn't a cost issue, in v2, the weight saving is done differently. The lightening cuts were somewhat controversial, they're not worth the machining time.

Decrease of upper paddle thickness by 10%. Upper half of the upper paddle is further tapered to better clear wildly thick upper receivers.

The original ABC/R (v1) will continue to be sold along side v2 units until stock is exhausted, thereafter ABC/R v2 will be the only ABC/Rs in inventory.
    Last edited by Duffy; 21 February 2017 at 09:41.