Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    ABC/R v2 is in production, first in 17-4 SS, available with bead blasted or polished finishes, ETA is 4 weeks.

V2 changes:

For 8620 ABC/R v2s, coating is changed to black nitrided finish, they will no longer be black oxided. It's an extra cost procedure but there will not be a corresponding increase in MSRP. 17-4 SS is available in bead blasted or polished finish.

Deletion of lightening cuts. This isn't a cost issue, in v2, the weight saving is done differently. The lightening cuts were somewhat controversial, they're not worth the machining time.

Decrease of upper paddle thickness by 10%. Upper half of the upper paddle is further tapered to better clear wildly thick upper receivers.

The original ABC/R (v1) will continue to be sold along side v2 units until stock is exhausted, thereafter ABC/R v2 will be the only ABC/Rs in inventory.
    The taper at the top of the paddle is a nice change. Not that it affected function, but my sample hit every single upper I own, and they're all forged.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will, I've seen and heard of it. If the 10 degree (lower 50% of the upper paddle) and 15 degree (top 50% of the upper paddle) angled paddle hits the upper, how does a factory, non-angled bolt catch fare?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will, I've seen and heard of it. If the 10 degree (lower 50% of the upper paddle) and 15 degree (top 50% of the upper paddle) angled paddle hits the upper, how does a factory, non-angled bolt catch fare?
    On the lower in question (which is a forged BCM), a normal bolt catch comes *very* close to hitting the upper.

It seems that QC varies wildly on lowers as far as bolt catch placement is concerned. I have a Noveske Gen 2 that only works properly if I grind off about 0.030" from the spot where the plunger contacts, or else it can't rotate enough to reliably catch the bolt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I have a feeling this has something to do with the lower. Some lowers allow the bolt catch to pivot a great deal more than others, they still work but they will give the impression the bolt catch paddle is hard to press when the BCG is locked back, since there's more surface area in contact under spring pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I have a feeling this has something to do with the lower. Some lowers allow the bolt catch to pivot a great deal more than others, they still work but they will give the impression the bolt catch paddle is hard to press when the BCG is locked back, since there's more surface area in contact under spring pressure.
    Yeah, this describes my BCM lower quite well. The new v2 will probably provide enough clearance. Too bad you don't make a bolt catch for the LMT MWS. The stock one feels so clunky.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We will, it keeps getting pushed back, by the v2 223 version actually

Downloads
    Uploads
    We will, it keeps getting pushed back, by the v2 223 version actually
    Screw the v2 223 version. Everyone knows the MWS is a much bigger market.... :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ABC/R v2 is now quite similar to the 308 version, when it comes out I'm sending it to a few MATEN and LR308 users to play with :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait for a 308 version to be released

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Can't wait for a 308 version to be released
    With a .308 set coming this weekend, I am in the same boat as you. :)
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC/R v2, first to be available in 17-4 SS in walnut polished or bead blasted finish. This spring v2 will be in 8620 and black nitrided, replacing 8620 black oxided v1 units.

These ABC/R v2 in 17-4 SS are awaiting second ops.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ABC/R v2 is now quite similar to the 308 version, when it comes out I'm sending it to a few MATEN and LR308 users to play with :)
    I'm really looking forward to the 308 version. The factory MATEN part is definitely lacking.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally had a minute to photo a couple of ABC/R's

Name:  5S3A4864.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  1.42 MB
    Name:  5S3A4852.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  1.20 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    So which one do you prefer? The lines or the dimples? I had the choice a few weeks ago and decided to go with what I have on the other rifles, lines.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of my good friends is a lefty, he owns and runs The Victor Company. He was skeptical about the dimples, specifically, our reasoning behind the dimples, the "AA" aspect, but he now likes the dimpled version better

I don't disagree with his initial assessment (before he tried one), that since the bolt catch only pivots up or down, serrations perpendicular to these motions are best. The serrated ABC/Rs are very effective for that reason.

Military moron also stated similar sentiment.

I do find myself accessing the paddles from angles other than 0 to 180 (or perpendicular to the bore), where horizontal serrations haven't worked as well, and dimples (or other cross hatch serrations) have worked better, as the angle of approach is far less important.

We've done dimples so far, cross hatch will be coming later this year, as soon as we get ERM-A, 6315 and 1815 out to the market. So far, EMR-A and 6315 are both weeks away, so we'll be seeing the cross hatch serrated ABC/R soon, and it'll be in the ABC/R v2 form factor.

As the cross hatch idea came from WEVO, the sub category will be name accordingly, like ABC/R-WEVO or something, we haven't decided