Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    $250? Good god, nowhere close to that, thankfully. It's designed for combat carbines, as a ramming rod first, cleaning rod second, because it can do both.

It's not for high end target and sniper rifles, never thought about $250 rods would sell, but that may be just enough indication for us to move forward with it :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hard question to answer without seeing it, but I'd say somewhere in the 5x-6x over a GI Rod.
    This. $50 for a high quality sectional rod would be acceptable. But also don't be surprised when people complain that it's twice the price of a dewey.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to keep it below $50. Some will bitch, but they aren't our target audience. We will never compete in price, only in quality and innovation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I'd like to keep it below $50. Some will bitch, but they aren't our target audience. We will never compete in price, only in quality and innovation.
    $50 would be great. I never thought there would be a market for a $99 Reaction Rod, but there it is, the best upper tool in the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be in if it were in the $50 range.

$50 would be great. I never thought there would be a market for a $99 Reaction Rod, but there it is, the best upper tool in the market.
    Considering how much those craptastic clamshell and other plastic/nylon vise blocks cost, $99 for a reaction rod is a relative bargain.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'd be in if it were in the $50 range.

Considering how much those craptastic clamshell and other plastic/nylon vise blocks cost, $99 for a reaction rod is a relative bargain.
    Never really had any issues with the clam shells from Brownells myself. The only limitation the clamshell is if you used a billet upper. Then it was useless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never really had any issues with the clam shells from Brownells myself. The only limitation the clamshell is if you used a billet upper. Then it was useless.
    They got the job done so long as your upper was milspec. I had (still have someplace?) a DPMS panther claw for building non-milspec uppers. Again, it did an acceptable job. But you've got to admit, the way the reaction rod works, by transferring all the torque to the barrel extension, is superior to the others (especially when trying to disassemble an upper with a stubborn barrel nut). Since getting a Geissele Reaction Rod, i haven't used either one of the others. Even my Magpul BEV block is used strictly for holding lowers. Good, quality tools are worth their weight in gold. Given the quality of everything else Roger put to market, $50 on a sectional rod would be money very well spent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    When did everything become so expensive
    17-4 SS ABC/R was brought back due to demand. The cost went through the roof, we lowered our margin in order to sell them at a reasonable price. Little did I know there appears to be an acute shortage, or near total absence of SS bolt catches, and the closest thing is selling for almost $10 more than the new 17-4 SS ABC/R (in v2 guise).

I think the small run of 17-4 SS ABC/R will not last long

Re: rods, ours wasn't designed to be a system of any kind. It has a simple mission, and it never deviated from it. We're not a tool maker, this might be the only tool with our name on it. I never mentioned this project till yesterday, I should have asked you guys for opinion long ago, but timing seems to be just right, we'll finish doubling our product offering this year, and it's a good time to bring it to the fore again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are green lighting the project. Now I need to shop for a pouch manufacturer

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are green lighting the project. Now I need to shop for a pouch manufacturer
    Right on. I look forward to seeing these.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The concept is super simple, it's something I've always wished I had. The pouch will be optional, but more about that later. Part of the handle tip was just redesigned with I am Dan's input. Honestly this project is so dusty I couldn't quite remember all the details until I looked at it again, based on Dan's suggestion.

There was one crucial thing I overlooked as well, the number of rods needed for a 14.5" or 16" barrel, vs that for a 20" barrel. The carbine version has one fewer rod, and that right away brings the price down to a pleasant level.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The concept is super simple, it's something I've always wished I had. The pouch will be optional, but more about that later. Part of the handle tip was just redesigned with I am Dan's input. Honestly this project is so dusty I couldn't quite remember all the details until I looked at it again, based on Dan's suggestion.

There was one crucial thing I overlooked as well, the number of rods needed for a 14.5" or 16" barrel, vs that for a 20" barrel. The carbine version has one fewer rod, and that right away brings the price down to a pleasant level.
    Did i miss it, how compact will these be?
    Only cleaning rigs I've ever used cam in a cleaning box (generic) and the one on an AK.

I'd love to replace the 10"x 5"x1.5" kit in my range bag with something smaller.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the high quality bore snakes available now I thought the cleaning rod market was shrinking quickly? Other than restoring a barrel that was neglected not sure why anyone would even use a rod anymore. Especially for routine maintenance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    With the high quality bore snakes available now I thought the cleaning rod market was shrinking quickly? Other than restoring a barrel that was neglected not sure why anyone would even use a rod anymore. Especially for routine maintenance.
    I don't use mine for routine maintenance but I have helped guys get stuck cases out and one guy had a squib in a class. Bore snakes don't help much there.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

"Input" that's a polite way of saying I had a coherent point in the middle of a rant