Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    That looks nice
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Though it's completely coincidental, the ABC/R seems to look like it was specifically designed for pretty much any billet receiver it gets matched with :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any plans to do an ABC/R with any other textures? (Thinking about being able to match other lower parts installed on some ambi billet lowers.) Would be stoked on one that is golfballed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No other serrations at the moment, as the horizontal serrations are very effective for the paddles. Let me talk to Dennis at San Tan to see if he wants do dimple the ABC/R for his own use, I can send him some without the serrations, or he can dimple production units as he does the factor bolt catches he uses now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can tell you that I used to avoid BC like the plague to me the normal catch is useless and I don't like the BAD type levers , so I would just run the charging handle
    Your product has changed that the paddle is the right side and the angle on the bottom paddle is just right to make finding it with my finger very natural

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    No other serrations at the moment, as the horizontal serrations are very effective for the paddles. Let me talk to Dennis at San Tan to see if he wants do dimple the ABC/R for his own use, I can send him some without the serrations, or he can dimple production units as he does the factor bolt catches he uses now.
    Would love to get my hands on one of those if he does a run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Left a message for Dennis :)

The design called for the bottom paddle to be easily accessible when an ambi mag catch like the Norgon Ambi-Catch is present. The bottom paddle's angle and increase in surface area (close to 3X more than the factory bolt catch) deal with that. The upper paddle is also angled 10 + 15 degree to make it easier to use with a palm or finger when the bolt carrier is locked back.

Though low light and no light operations weren't taken into consideration at the time (they were not design goals,) that the paddles can be easily found and manipulated without a visual has benefits for these conditions as well. The user can run his finger on the receiver and easily discern the bolt catch from other control surfaces, without having to divert a glance at it. Which also means finding and manipulating the bolt catch is faster than before, as the user no longer wastes time fumbling to find the upper or lower paddle.

The ABC/R-F shares the same forging with War Sport's bolt catch (War Sport makes the ABC/R-F for us), these are, to my knowledge, the only two forged bolt catches in the market.
    Last edited by Duffy; 20 October 2015 at 10:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got to try out the ABC/R on one of Dstrbrd's rifles on Sunday. Definitely like it. I have never been one to go beyond the mil-spec controls, but I'd definitely use these bolt catches.

Wish all your parts weren't named with acronyms, too. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Re: naming convention, it's easier to call them by their acronyms. Augmented / Angled Bolt Catch / Release is a mouthful, nothing sexy about it, it's just utilitarian.

I guess it sort of reflects on how I run the company, simple, effective and without drama. Duty grade stuff sans catchy names and scantly clad women

This is not to say I disapprove anyone that does it differently, if it helps them sell stuff, good for them. I did not like the product name BAD-ASS in my previous company, even if it's catchy, I only tolerated it because it is itself an acronym.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A cross hatch would be nice to match up with the CMT stuff, just sayin'! :)
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Re: naming convention, it's easier to call them by their acronyms. Augmented / Angled Bolt Catch / Release is a mouthful, nothing sexy about it, it's just utilitarian.

I guess it sort of reflects on how I run the company, simple, effective and without drama. Duty grade stuff sans catchy names and scantly clad women

This is not to say I disapprove anyone that does it differently, if it helps them sell stuff, good for them. I did not like the product name BAD-ASS in my previous company, even if it's catchy, I only tolerated it because it is itself an acronym.
    No offense was intended, hence the smiley face at the end of my post. Sorry if it came across as serious criticism. I really like the parts you make. I run my company the same way - simple, straight forward. We don't have catchy names or scantily clad women in our ads, either.

Edit: I'm not sure how it went from acronyms to scantily clad women, anyways!
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    But does it work as well as horizontal serrations? The angle of approach (of the finger and palm) plays a role in this.

I am looking into having the billet ABC/R sport dimples instead of the original serrations, to differentiate it from the ABC/R-F (forged), but only if the dimples offer equivalent or better traction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slippers, not at all, sorry if my reply came across as defensive, you may have known me from my Battle Arms days and that I take criticism and suggestions very well I appreciate all the advice you guys can give me, it's not easy to get better without it.

BTW, please send me an email and I will send you some parts to play with, professional courtesy and all that

roger@starsforward.com

Thank you :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dimples are awesome.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!