Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Slippers, not at all, sorry if my reply came across as defensive, you may have known me from my Battle Arms days and that I take criticism and suggestions very well I appreciate all the advice you guys can give me, it's not easy to get better without it.

BTW, please send me an email and I will send you some parts to play with, professional courtesy and all that

roger@starsforward.com

Thank you :)
    Lucky!!!!!!!
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's enough material in the upper paddle for dimpling, but I'm not sure about the serrations below the top paddle, and the lower paddle is too narrow to have the same dimples, it might look weird.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find that the serrations are more useful than any other patterns. A special run is one thing but I think that the ABC/R is perfect as is and retain the serrations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the aesthetics alone might be enough to put a halt on it. The ABC/R's serrations run on the top and bottom paddle, they also extend further down below the top paddle a bit. That section and the bottom paddle won't have the same kind of dimples, the whole look may appear inconsistent and messy.

Let's see if Dennis gets back to me and would be interested in taking this on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just think having options for it would be a good move. I generally build out a lower with small parts that match the existing small parts. I don't think there is anything wrong with the design, it was not my initial reason for asking. If anything you currently offer the best catch/release on the market.

It would simply be options for aesthetics, however I don't think that changing from the horizontal serrations would deter from it's function. I think the surface areas are large enough to be beneficial over a milspec with whatever surface you would put.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone wants to butcher one of the first ABC/Rs (billet) to try the dimples, I'll send it your way. The newer units have sharper and better serrations on the top paddle, so I don't plan on selling the few first run units left :)

If dimples offer as good, or better grip and traction, it still doesn't address that we'll have dimples AND serrations on the bolt catch. Unless we have larger dimples on top, and smaller dimples elsewhere.
    Last edited by Duffy; 20 October 2015 at 13:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I had a dremil. I. Take. U up on that offer
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    I just think having options for it would be a good move. I generally build out a lower with small parts that match the existing small parts. I don't think there is anything wrong with the design, it was not my initial reason for asking. If anything you currently offer the best catch/release on the market.

It would simply be options for aesthetics, however I don't think that changing from the horizontal serrations would deter from it's function. I think the surface areas are large enough to be beneficial over a milspec with whatever surface you would put.
    This. I kinda wish my Rainier/CMT lower came with serrated controls instead of the cross hatched design.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgive the crappy mspaint cad skills, but this is kind of the idea of the drill pattern. Obviously the upper part of the paddle would be even and tighter than my pattern, but around that size of dimpling I think would work really well on it.

I do agree that a crosshatch would be nice to match the Mod 3 lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had a talk with Dennis at San Tan Tactical today, and will be sending him some samples for testing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick follow up, the dimpled ABC/R is being worked on, I think you guys will like what you see.

Meanwhile, the ABC/R-F has a new finish option: polished

Last edited by Duffy; 18 January 2016 at 10:33.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see the photos. When i click on them, i get the "sorry, this person moved or deleted this image" thingy. :/
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    So will the serrated version be replaced by the dimpled version or simply an option?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see those. WTF, over... Thanks, Josh.

Looking good, Roger!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ