Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sorry Deadwing, I had deleted the original pics (with incorrect finish description, should be just polished, not brushed / polished) and didn't update the original post
    No problem, Roger. I thought it was me, since i was viewing on my phone and having trouble seeing pics in other threads as well.

Regarding the 7.62 version, will it be compatible with the Mega MATEN platform? And will it be available with serrations (dimples aren't my thing)?
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Regarding the 7.62 version, will it be compatible with the Mega MATEN platform? And will it be available with serrations (dimples aren't my thing)?
    The MATEN uses standard AR-15 bolt releases, so it may not be necessary for that lower. 7.62 DPMS lowers need a special DPMS-style release that isn't compatible with the MATEN.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maten's use the DPMS/AR10 bolt catches. I made the same assumption as you but UWone77 corrected me. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    7.62mm bolt catch has quite a bit more material on it than the 5.56mm bolt catch, so it should be less time to machine from bar stock. The lightening cuts on the ABC/R will be omitted on the 7.62mm version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any plans for polished EMR/EMR-C's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In polished raw aluminum? I can have some tumbled the same way the polished ABC/R-Fs are, but we're getting some Cerakoted FDE and grey as a test run for color options

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger, I'll have to hit you up after SHOT for some bolt catches. It was like crack, one sample, now I need more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In polished raw aluminum? I can have some tumbled the same way the polished ABC/R-Fs are, but we're getting some Cerakoted FDE and grey as a test run for color options
    Yeah polished raw aluminum. I'm thinking a polished EMR-C and ABC/R would go well with some titanium takedown pins and NiB bcg. It may end up being too much "silver" for my liking but I'll never know until I try it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Roger, I'll have to hit you up after SHOT for some bolt catches. It was like crack, one sample, now I need more.
    LOL! Roger the pusher man. I need more of them as well. I've replaced the bolt catches on a few rifles and absolutely love the ABC/R, forged or billet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just so happen to have a set of Magpul furniture in grey that i'm planning on using on my MOS GFY build. I'll bet a grey EMR would look good thrown in the mix.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    EDIT below... Looks like I was wrong about what I bought...

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Maten's use the DPMS/AR10 bolt catches. I made the same assumption as you but UWone77 corrected me. Lol
    My MATEN would not accept a DPMS bolt catch. It's too wide (laterally). I had a DPMS-branded .308 parts kit and it no worky. I went and bought an AR-15 (nope, 7.62) catch and it was good to go. Also, from Mega's Compatibility page:

* MATEN not compatible with Armalite bolt catch.
    Maybe they changed something and it's now compatible with the DPMS release, but historically it hasn't been and it seems currently, it's not compatible with an Armalite/AR-10.

ETA: Just looked at my catch because I was curious... Part in read above is incorrect. Apparently I bought a 7.62 catch, but it was NOT a DPMS one at the time because my DPMS kit didn't work. Soooo...not sure what I bought. Maybe they really have changed it back to being compatible with DPMS. Now I'm going to have to go on a Google search... Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by gatordev; 19 January 2016 at 03:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Richard, please let me know what you need and I'll send them your way. The polished EMR and EMR-C may be a while, they've all been anodized, so we'll have to wait till the next production run to leave a percentage out for polished finish.

Thank you guys very much for the constant input and suggestions! Below are the suggestions over the last few months that will be (or have been) incorporated into production:

Polished EMR and EMR-C
    Polished ABC/R
    ABC/R with dimpled paddles
    EMR-A's paddle (the new shape works better and matches the ABC/R, with dimpled and serrated paddle options)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any thoughts on a crosshatch to match CMT/Rainer parts?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about it, but I'm not sure if the crosshatch is the best serrations for our application. I think it's the universal, jack of all trades type of serrations.

On the ABC/R and EMR, the direction of the serrations are quite specific, for they provide the best traction for the user's finger's angle of approach. For the LDFA, the angles of approach can vary, so the circular serrations from the original A2 have been retained to provide traction from all angles.

But, if we're doing the dimples, I don't see why we can't do the crosshatch, would you guys care if the serrations match CMT's and RA's?
    Last edited by Duffy; 19 January 2016 at 11:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about it, but I'm not sure if the crosshatch is the best serrations for our application. I think it's the universal, jack of all trades type of serrations.

On the ABC/R and EMR, the direction of the serrations are quite specific, for they provide the best traction for the user's finger's angle of approach. For the LDFA, the angles of approach can vary, so the circular serrations from the original A2 have been retained to provide traction from all angles.

But, if we're doing the dimples, I don't see why we can't do the crosshatch, would you guys care if the serrations match CMT's and RA's?
    Personally, I'd love to find something that matched them. I'd prefer it be your product. I understand production costs can get away quick when trying to please the masses, and that may be a consideration for CMT; they should be the ones working this out. Non-matching stuff isn't a dealbreaker for some, but it can sure make the arrow point down if people are getting their fix off stuff that looks like it was made to work together.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!