Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post a pic of CMT and RA crosshatch serrations? I seem to be having a hard time finding pics of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here you go.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Here you go.

Hawt. That kitty is looking puurfect :D

(Sorry couldn't resist the bad pun)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, the ones I can find are either horizontal or vertical serrations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick sneak peak to keep you guys in the loop that we have been working on things

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a golf ball! :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are offering more color and aesthetics options on existing products. EMR-A (ambidextrous) will hopefully make its appearance this year as well. This is an experimental aesthetics option for the ABC/R

Though this looks good, function has to come first, thus the final version might be somewhat different. The dimples must offer equal, if not better traction than the ABC/R's very effective horizontal serrations.

Many excellent patterns and designs already exist. The golf ball wasn't the goal (I don't / can't play golf, it didn't cross my mind), the design ended up looking like the pattern of one. If it works, that's all that matters. It may go through some more changes before it's finalized (deeper and or larger dimples, for instance.)

The ABC/R is a solid design, at its core, it's a duty grade component, a variation in aesthetics won't change that. ABC/R-F will continue to have horizontal serrations, the dimpled version is a no cost option

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I bit. Curious how these things enhance BC purchase. Wish I didn't have to pay $8 for RA's shipping!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Well I bit. Curious how these things enhance BC purchase. Wish I didn't have to pay $8 for RA's shipping!
    Join the apex program. Free shipping and discounted price too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    USPS keeps increasing its rates

Please let us know how you like it. Do you run a Norgon or another brand of ambi mag release?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

Please let us know how you like it. Do you run a Norgon or another brand of ambi mag release?
    Tell me about it... $6.80 for a flat rate small box? Wow...

Anyone remember those old USPS commercials, when you could ship 2lbs for $2.95? I'm dating myself...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Roger, I don't run an ambi. Just looking for a well-designed BC with better purchase on both the hold/release. I recently got a lightweight V7 BC and don't like it. There's not enough material contacting the actual bolt lugs and it takes 2-3x the pressure on the pad to release. Almost requiring a palm-slam to release. If I like the unit, I'll swap out all the rifles with em.
    Keep up the great work and keep the parts as light as possible. :)

And yes UPS/USPS have gotten ridiculous. I still ship a lot of small parts First Class with good luck, but I understand the reasons why shops don't like offering FC.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 28 March 2016 at 12:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brahmzy, though I can't prove it, I do believe you and I go way back on ar15.com throughout the years

Forward Controls isn't in lightweight game, though I do appreciate the weight saving. On my MRP, unless I turn down or flute this heavy ass barrel, no amount of LW component is going to move the needle in a meaningful way, but I digress.

On the ABC/R there are two lightening cuts. These are not fashion statements, or attempts to make the ABC/R a LW component. They serve to keep its weight (0.445oz) close to that of a factory bolt catch (0.401oz).

On the EMR (enhanced mag release) and EMR-C (enhanced mag release, competition), there's a similar weight saving measure.

It's attention to detail, everything has a purpose

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are offering more color and aesthetics options on existing products. EMR-A (ambidextrous) will hopefully make its appearance this year as well. This is an experimental aesthetics option for the ABC/R
    This is probably the number one item I'm holding out for. I've not tried the Norgon, but have a Troy and HVA, both have pros, both cons (like a walking out roll pin).

Downloads
    Uploads
    cjd3, the only compromise I can think of is the EMR-A's lever pivots on the receiver, like the Troy and HVA (on which the EMR-A is based, we used the AMR's basic mag catch layout with HVA's provided drawings)

The Forward Controls specific modifications were extensive enough the EMR-A bears little to no resemblance to the AMR. One of the key features is that it can be used with a factory bolt catch without obscuring its lower paddle. The bolt catch's lower paddle being obscured by an ambi mag catch, as you guys may recall, was the whole reason for which the ABC/R was created.

EMR-A has a low profile lever that's happy with third party bolt catches like the ABC/R-F, and factory bolt catches with their tiny boot heel for lower paddles

For a combat or defense AR, receiver marring isn't an issue. It is for those with receivers to which they append investment like values. Hence the EMR-A isn't for everyone, but we're not known for making Gucci type products to begin with.
    Last edited by Duffy; 28 March 2016 at 16:08.