Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your still wanting to use a LW carrier here's a carrier you may want to consider since you already have the Sharp's Reliabolt. It's from TS Arms and weighs in at 7.02 oz., it is also plasma coated like the one from Cryptic Coatings. Price is $219.99, $232.99 for the black.

http://www.vertexops.com/TS_Arms_Pla...-bc-plasma.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is nice.

Still stewing on what AaronP220 said about adjustable GB's and lightweight components.

It still sounds tempting in just feeling shy after having just experimented with just changing to lighter buffers and springs.

Also that barrel I just ordered has a gas port calibrated for a standard spring and H buffer, leading me to believe that combination should be smooth.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well.... I got tired of going back and forth and back and forth over lightweight bcg's and all things relating, variances in weight, cost (Boomfab, yikes!), and finally decided it might just be best to stick to what I know and trust. NiB full weight bcg's.

I've got a Lantac coming from Rogtac now. I was surprised in my revisiting, apparently they do NiB differently than most and achieve a coefficient of friction of .02 ... Only .01 LESS than Cryptic's Mystic Black! That's kind of awesome. Eager to try this bcg.

...now I just have to see if I can get over my squimishness when it comes to billboard logos so I can get the matching upper. Preferably while Rainier still has free shipping. We'll see.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Almost done! Had a bunch of things show up from my Memorial Day shopping so here's where I'm at now.

The Umbrella lower is now wearing a UBR.
    Lantac E-BCG is now in hand.
    Griffin Armamanet Fail Safe offset sights are here and they are NICE!
    Also got a V7 Ti A2. Stupid light like all things V7 and I like the look of the raw Ti. It'll contrast nicely with the otherwise all black gun.
    The scope also is here now, a Vortex PST 2.4-10x44 second focal plane.
    MicroMOA 17.3" barrel made it but is off in the mail again. I've got a friend who has been shooting high power and lapping barrels since before my parents met, the barrel is on its way to him so he can check it with a bore scope and lap it.

I've still got a package on the way containing a NiB Raptor and a KAC Thumb rest, but it's been sitting in Fort Worth for a couple days now with no movement.

Also in my push to get this done, I ordered a 15" KMR last night and Noveske NSR panels for it.

All I need is an upper and scope mount! The mount will be the Aero 30mm SPR mount, and the upper will probably be an Aero forged upper. I spent a lot of time pouring over billet uppers, but I actually like the look of regular forged uppers and they weigh less and are cheaper. Plus the lower is cut to match one and I don't really know that billet uppers offer any real gain in any sort of performance.

Oh yeah, a more obscure item I have coming is a MDT buttpad for the UBR. I got introduced to them a couple weeks ago and it is a SIGNIFICANT improvement when shooting prone. I also liked it over my Magpul Enhanced buttpad in... well every other shooting position as well.

So yes. SO CLOSE!
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where's the pics?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I took some but they were atrocious. I'll try and get some better ones and put them up.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmmmm lantac sexiness... Get some pics up!!! That's one of the coolest lowers out there IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads

-One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^^oh yeah that NiB Raptor came today.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    That BCG..... *fap fap fap*
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    That BCG..... *fap fap fap*
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    how you are diggin those sights? I just built an AR10 and am considering some kind of backup/close range sights for it. Ive read a lot of mixed stuff on angled iron sights...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    how you are diggin those sights? I just built an AR10 and am considering some kind of backup/close range sights for it. Ive read a lot of mixed stuff on angled iron sights...
    I haven't used them before so I can't really comment. The theory makes sense and videos of people running them on a course doesn't seem to show any real speed penalty, but I'll see after getting the rifle together and run them.

As for build quality the Griffin Fail Safe's are exemplary. They're nicer than most BUIS I've handle, fixed or otherwise and I'd put them at LEAST at parity with DD fixed BUIS. The entire front sight is one piece, meaning the FSP is machined in. It's perfectly centered and entirely shrouded. I seriously doubt there's a better/tougher way to make one. All adjustment is done from the rear sight, which has a single mid-sized aperture which I really like. Similar to my Hahn, or Bobro's new low rider sights.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks, I just read up on the surefire DD-RTS-SET but theyre even more $ and i feel like the shrouded front sight post and all adjustments on rear is a better setup. Probably try to pickup a set of these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice build going.

I'm going to do a build soon with a Stretch 16 Barrel from Strongside Tactical: http://www.strongsidetactical.com/st...ceted_search=0

Capable of .5 moa accuracy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikWgc4CVfYQ

Most of my upcoming AR15 builds/buys are all going to be Intermediate Gas System with the exception of the BCM BFH ELW Middie.