Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Cool BCG but the only person that will know it's special is you... Why they can't even put a logo that would peek out of the ejector port is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I actually prefer that they hid their logo. Do others need to know it's special?
    I'm actually totally cool with that. I'm not really going for flashy with this build, the Titanium is so I can see if I can make it run softer and flatter without using a brake. I'm more going for a sleek stealth look. The only prominent logo is the Umbrella. The Aero upper lacks a logo of any sort and will be wearing the smooth and featureless V7 port door and Forward Controls Low Drag Forward Assist.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Did they nitride over the burr or are they drilling the gas port after nitriding process? Certainly not confidence inspiring to hear they are not deburring the port.
    From the looks of things it was nitrided and then drilled, which makes sense as they'd want to nitride and then mount the barrel extension. And yes, the burr was significant. I'd say it blocked approximately 1/5 of the light coming through the bore. I'd have returned it to have it removed had I not already had other plans. Still though, it's been handled and I'm eager to see how it shoots.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should contact them about the burr and see what they say. Amphibian is a member here.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should contact them about the burr and see what they say. Amphibian is a member here.
    I know. He chimed in here on this thread. The burr, despite being mentioned, was not addressed. In this case though I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that it's because it was already being handled.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got the last piece! The SLR Sentry 7 Adjustable Gas Block.

Monday the upper group will be out the door to Rainier. Any idea why it's an extra $25 for them to build an upper with an adjustable GB? Do they actually tune it? I tried calling to ask but, you know, it's Saturday. No answer.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know how that Senrty 7 does, I plan on getting one myself.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know how that Senrty 7 does, I plan on getting one myself.
    For sure.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    That burr will be gone after the first if not second round. If you look at the break in procedure mentioned on the site, it consists of firing a total of 60 rounds. I do 4 mags with each mag loaded to 15 rounds each. Fire one round per second for each mag then wait till cool to the touch before firing the next mag. Then, if you do not get sub MOA using match grade ammo then we will refund you your money or swap the barrel....which BTW, we have yet to have to do. We test with Federal Gold Medal Match 69 Gr (5 shot group) as it is readily available. So burr or not, I personally dont see what the big deal is if we are willing to stand behind the product. Thanks!
    Last edited by amphibian; 13 June 2015 at 17:43.
    Robert - President of MicroMOA http://micromoa.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ I like this guy! Sounds like my type of break in procedure and with a money back guarantee.. I'll take it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amphibian View Post
    That burr will be gone after the first if not second round. If you look at the break in procedure mentioned on the site, it consists of firing a total of 60 rounds. I do 4 mags with each mag loaded to 15 rounds each. Fire one round per second for each mag then wait till cool to the touch before firing the next mag. Then, if you do not get sub MOA using match grade ammo then we will refund you your money or swap the barrel....which BTW, we have yet to have to do. We test with Federal Gold Medal Match 69 Gr (5 shot group) as it is readily available. So burr or not, I personally dont see what the big deal is if we are willing to stand behind the product. Thanks!
    I'm not even worried. I was super excited when GOST turned me on to your barrels, and I'm still excited to run it. My only moment of concern was when you mentioned not lapping it, but then that got hammered out and as far as I'm concerned everything is peachy.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'm a little miffed at the moment. Just got the upper back from Rainier. Rainier managed to drill the gas block and barrel for pinning and then fail to install the pin, and also left a large, obvious, glaring scar on the brand new V7 dust cover.

I paid $132.95 to have this done right, and now have to either ship it back, or have them send me a pin and then pull off the KMR and reinstall it after I already paid to have it done. If I sent it back, and this turn around was any indicator of time, I'd be without it another 2 1/2 weeks.

I know it's small but c'mon, I paid the coin FOR the details.

I could have had ADCO do it for $35.00, a HUNDRED bucks less.

End rant//

Mating it with the lower, it looks good. I got lucky with tolerance stacking. The rear lug is a little tight and requires a little push to seat in the lower, JUST a little though and it has ZERO play. Awesome. The KMR is my first 15" forend and I like it. No getting cramped up on this and I should have plenty of room if I decide to add a bipod at some point, which is certainly a possibility. It's light, especially for what it is, and I'm not actually sure if I prefer how it feels with the UBR, or the significantly lighter CTR. I'll probably hold off of making that decision until I have the scope mounted. Still waiting to find an Aero SPR mount.

I'd like to install the Griifin Fail Safe Sights to get an initial impression, but no sense in doing that if I have to send the upper back to Rainier.

Also think I'm going to pull the SD3G trigger and put it on my 14.5" gun. Looking between a Hiperfire 24C (or maybe their new Tarheel version) and the Elftmann Elf Trigger for this. Tough choice not having felt either.

-One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd give them a call and let them know of your displeasure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd give them a call and let them know of your displeasure.
    Yup. I did. They want photos. Guess I'm gonna do that.

ETA: Getting a return label from them. Hopefully turn around will be quick.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 25 June 2015 at 12:49.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's done!

And it's light. Light for what it is. Lighter than I thought it would be. I don't have a scale handy but I'd put it easily below 8 lbs. It feels sweet. REALLY sweet. Using the top rail as a reference the rifle balances exactly at T10. The Aero SPR is exactly what the doctor ordered for perfect eye relief, and mounting the rifle you fall perfectly into the sweet spot. The Griffin offset sights feel easy and intuitive to roll into and gives a beautiful sight picture. I pulled the SD3G trigger and installed a Hiperfire TH24. The trigger is... simply insane, at least for my initial impression (I'll do a review of it soon).

Later this month I'll have it out to get it dialed in and put it through some paces. Everything from precision testing at 500m to closed course competition style run and gun at 30m and in. Super eager to see how the gun behaves using the titanium bcg, adjustable gas block, and Spike's ST-T1 buffer. I have high hopes!

I'll continue to update as I begin putting rounds through it.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turned out great Aragon! Ready to hear who it does at the range. First thing i noticed was the trigger change. Really interested how that works for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aragon, I almost forgot they had fubared that dust cover and forgot the pin on your upper. Glad they got you squared away. Looks great!