Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tornado

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You're about 3 hours north from me. I heard yall got it pretty bad up there.
    Got lucky. We were right in a hole where the worst we had was severe lightning/precip/wind. I guess there was some flooding in some places downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpac07 View Post
    We go to church in Denton, I'm 40 min south and we got the tail end of it.
    Oh yeah? Where do you go? We tried 3C when we first got here about a year ago but haven't really been since. The wife keeps telling me we need to check out Global Sphere Center.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Ouch. Glad to hear that you're okay. Insurance must be a bitch to handle.

Guessing it was like an F1, F2 tornado?
    I have no idea what the F number is... but if it's bad enough to shear off a 15 foot around pine tree then I don't want any more.

I don't think we really need to mess around with insurance on this one. Just buy some gas and fire up the chainsaws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah? Where do you go? We tried 3C when we first got here about a year ago but haven't really been since. The wife keeps telling me we need to check out Global Sphere Center.
    Providence chapel, We meet in the Denton Senior Center. http://www.providencedenton.org/
    Y'all should come sometime.
    I am a Christian, a family man, in a wheelchair, in remission (CML).
    Nice to meet you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you're safe. Very glad we don't get tornadoes here in the mountains too.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Glad you're safe. Very glad we don't get tornadoes here in the mountains too.
    We did have that one in SLC back, oh, 14 years or so ago. Totally random, right in the middle of downtown. Also glad you're safe and sound!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you're safe! Definitely not something i'd want to wake up to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you guys are ok.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea what the F number is... but if it's bad enough to shear off a 15 foot around pine tree then I don't want any more.

I don't think we really need to mess around with insurance on this one. Just buy some gas and fire up the chainsaws.
    The F numbers designate the wind speeds in the tornado like Force numbers designate the strength of wind or Category numbers the strength of hurricanes. The higher the F number, the more dangerous the tornado is. To snap and uproot trees like that it would have had to be probably a F2 tornado. You're lucky, because it would have flattened the house if it hit it. I'd fire up the chainsaws and cut the trees up for firewood too. However, if they are your trees, I'd probably get in touch with the insurance co. so they could cover sending a crew out with large chainsaws to cut up the trunks. With all that wood, if you don't have a splitter, you're going to want to get one.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Its almost all back to normal around here. A bunch of people still don't have power but that's it. Hopefully it dries out some so we can clean up. We have a 4wd kabota and even that thing will get stuck out there right now in some spots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    The F numbers designate the wind speeds in the tornado like Force numbers designate the strength of wind or Category numbers the strength of hurricanes. The higher the F number, the more dangerous the tornado is. To snap and uproot trees like that it would have had to be probably a F2 tornado. You're lucky, because it would have flattened the house if it hit it. I'd fire up the chainsaws and cut the trees up for firewood too. However, if they are your trees, I'd probably get in touch with the insurance co. so they could cover sending a crew out with large chainsaws to cut up the trunks. With all that wood, if you don't have a splitter, you're going to want to get one.
    A lot of the bigger trees were on other people's places. One of our neighbors has a commercial tree business so he's helping take care of a lot of the older folks around. I bought a brand new stihl chainsaw for Christmas and that sucker works like a charm. We have a brush pile and we will pull the logs and other stuff with a tractor. We have a front end loader too. We are gonna have us a bon fire

The oak though is definitely going in the firewood pile. My cousin down the road has a log splitter we can put on the tractor and split what we need to. All those big pine tops and random branches are just going to be bonfire wood though.

My Saturday just got booked from the looks of it. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the wind speeds the news stations have weather stations around and in those places (that did not get hit) clocked 100++mph winds. We can only guess what the winds were out where I am at. We are 20 miles from where they were measuring from that one report I heard. Its safe to say it was easily 100+ mph winds and probably a lot more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of the bigger trees were on other people's places. One of our neighbors has a commercial tree business so he's helping take care of a lot of the older folks around. I bought a brand new stihl chainsaw for Christmas and that sucker works like a charm. We have a brush pile and we will pull the logs and other stuff with a tractor. We have a front end loader too. We are gonna have us a bon fire

The oak though is definitely going in the firewood pile. My cousin down the road has a log splitter we can put on the tractor and split what we need to. All those big pine tops and random branches are just going to be bonfire wood though.

My Saturday just got booked from the looks of it. LOL
    I think your Saturdays got booked for a few weeks to come I cut a lot of wood for our winters - generally 2-3 cords per winter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the wind speeds the news stations have weather stations around and in those places (that did not get hit) clocked 100++mph winds. We can only guess what the winds were out where I am at. We are 20 miles from where they were measuring from that one report I heard. Its safe to say it was easily 100+ mph winds and probably a lot more.
    Glad you are okay. I did not realize we had tornados so close. I think I am about 45 mins. south of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan