Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 41P Update

Downloads
    Uploads

41P Update

I have been seeing this floating around as of the last day or so...

"NO IMPLEMENTATION YET SEEN FOR NOTICE 41P AS FINAL RULE . . . NSSF has confirmed with ATF that the bureau is unlikely to publish Notice 41P (NFA Trusts) as a Final Rule for quite some time. This is in part because EPS resources are being diverted to help process the 310,000 public comments received in response to the armor piercing ammunition framework proposal. In addition, it seems ATF has not prepared to revise the NFA database so that it can track "responsible persons" for NFA trusts. The proposed rule would require the responsible person(s) on an NFA Trust be fingerprinted."

Found here:

http://www.nssf.org/share/BP2/2015/042715.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn't surprise me. I think 41P will be on the backburner till the end of this calendar year. However, if you're in the market for a NFA item, I still think now is the time, or at least start saving.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they don't get the funding then how could they do it? It's political season though so no doubt people are going to talk it to death. That said, with government nothing is easy. Implementing these 'small' changes turn into huge things that cost billions of dollars...

I am hopeful that it is dead and stays dead, but even at that I do not know how this kind of rule could stand up to any kind of legal test even if they did try it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update Alamo5000, looks like I need accelerate the savings fund for a suppressor.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am merely waiting for the damn thing to get back in stock.

I am also considering doing a double purchase... a 9mm and a 5.56 in one swoop.

Does anyone know how much faster efile is than doing it on paper? It would be nice if I wouldn't have to wait months on end... but I am learning patience I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am merely waiting for the damn thing to get back in stock.

I am also considering doing a double purchase... a 9mm and a 5.56 in one swoop.

Does anyone know how much faster efile is than doing it on paper? It would be nice if I wouldn't have to wait months on end... but I am learning patience I guess.
    Dude, stop your whining... a 4 month wait is nothing compared to the 12-18 month waits from just a few years ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dude, stop your whining... a 4 month wait is nothing compared to the 12-18 month waits from just a few years ago.
    I can whine if I want to!

I would have already been a month into my 4 month wait if the damn thing was in stock.

Apparently people in the suppressor business do not comprehend the whole concept of 'hurry up'. It's like they are all on island time or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You really need to pull the trigger on a trust from Coyote Rifleworks. They did mine and were great. They will answer questions you have and get it back to you very quick.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I can whine if I want to!

I would have already been a month into my 4 month wait if the damn thing was in stock.

Apparently people in the suppressor business do not comprehend the whole concept of 'hurry up'. It's like they are all on island time or something.
    You can't blame the suppressor manufacturers.

When they produce them, they have to Form 3 them to dealers. Some dealers won't restock until they're out, not anticipating the 1-3 month wait on the Form 3 transfers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You really need to pull the trigger on a trust from Coyote Rifleworks. They did mine and were great. They will answer questions you have and get it back to you very quick.
    I am looking at the signed and notarized docs right now.

Done. Been done a month.

The day after I finally got it notarized my suppressor went out of stock...so instead of Form 3'ing one in and then Form 4....I placed my bet that they will get them back in stock sooner than a form 3 would take.

Based on my conversations with people in the know they should be back in stock within a few more weeks...

Downloads
    Uploads

41P Update

I thought he did that already but maybe not. It's hard to keep up with his post. Most of alamo's post are TL : DR hehe
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 28 April 2015 at 20:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo have you contacted SilencerCo? Since they are doing in house trust these days, maybe they'll do a straight up form 4.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You can't blame the suppressor manufacturers.

When they produce them, they have to Form 3 them to dealers. Some dealers won't restock until they're out, not anticipating the 1-3 month wait on the Form 3 transfers.
    Here is what I was told by a local suppressor dealer.... (I quote word for word an email from a local dealer) "when Form 3s are filed for tax exempt transfers, that they go to a different office at the NFA branch that handles the transfers within two weeks or so."

All I know is the manufacturer and the people at silencer shop both gave me an ETA of about 6 weeks until they are back in stock and that was about 3 or maybe 4 weeks ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man... I got tagged!!! It was only a matter of time

It's still better than RAC upside down installer though... who doesn't want the ATF to hurry up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo have you contacted SilencerCo? Since they are doing in house trust these days, maybe they'll do a straight up form 4.
    SilencerCo or Silencer Shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I thought he did that already but maybe not. It's hard to keep up with his post. Most of alamo's post are TL:DR hehe
    Yep. My trust is fully completed. Hopefully that clears that up for you... LOL