Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 41P Update

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Here is what I was told by a local suppressor dealer.... (I quote word for word an email from a local dealer) "when Form 3s are filed for tax exempt transfers, that they go to a different office at the NFA branch that handles the transfers within two weeks or so."

All I know is the manufacturer and the people at silencer shop both gave me an ETA of about 6 weeks until they are back in stock and that was about 3 or maybe 4 weeks ago.
    LOL... I've never seen a Form 3 transfer that took 2 weeks. I once waited over a year for a Form 3 transfer because the ATF lost my paperwork twice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    LOL... I've never seen a Form 3 transfer that took 2 weeks. I once waited over a year for a Form 3 transfer because the ATF lost my paperwork twice.
    That's why I didn't do a Form 3 to get what I wanted from out of state.... as you know I am Mr Patient here....

Downloads
    Uploads
    SilencerCo, they've started doing trust in house to make buying a suppressor easier.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...erCo-EasyTrust
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why I didn't do a Form 3 to get what I wanted from out of state.... as you know I am Mr Patient here....
    In 2 months when you're still waiting, I'm going to enjoy the laughs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 2 months when you're still waiting, I'm going to enjoy the laughs.
    You're not helping me here. Not even a little. You'd think I was red headed or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn't surprise me. I think 41P will be on the backburner till the end of this calendar year. However, if you're in the market for a NFA item, I still think now is the time, or at least start saving.
    Man, i kinda backed off as this 41p/may date was coming up too quick...I still really want to get a SBR and a can or 2 going......ughhh...

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You really need to pull the trigger on a trust from Coyote Rifleworks. They did mine and were great. They will answer questions you have and get it back to you very quick.
    Coyote seems like a good/quick deal.I emailed him a while back and always a prompt reply and was very helpful...

You're not helping me here. Not even a little. You'd think I was red headed or something.

You have no ginger power...I can tell...

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know how much faster efile is than doing it on paper? It would be nice if I wouldn't have to wait months on end... but I am learning patience I guess.
    It doesn't really matter since neither Form 3s or Form 4s are on eFile right now. Supposedly they will come online "soon," but we've been hearing that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Alamo have you contacted SilencerCo? Since they are doing in house trust these days, maybe they'll do a straight up form 4.
    That wouldn't really work since alamo is in TX and SilencerCo is in UT. You can't transfer on a F4 direct across state lines.

Also, I read the other day that there seems to be some major issues with SilencerCo's trust. Apparently it wasn't written very well and had a lot of holes in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It doesn't really matter since neither Form 3s or Form 4s are on eFile right now. Supposedly they will come online "soon," but we've been hearing that for a while.

That wouldn't really work since alamo is in TX and SilencerCo is in UT. You can't transfer on a F4 direct across state lines.

Also, I read the other day that there seems to be some major issues with SilencerCo's trust. Apparently it wasn't written very well and had a lot of holes in it.
    That's what happens when you try to do a one size fits all trust. People should remember, just because the ATF approves your Form 1 or 4, doesn't mean your trust is valid. I shake my head when people go with a Quicken Trust or the generic Trust the Gunstore they buy their suppressor gives you. I think there is a conflict of interest there and are they going to represent you if the ATF determines your Trust is invalid down the road?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what happens when you try to do a one size fits all trust. People should remember, just because the ATF approves your Form 1 or 4, doesn't mean your trust is valid. I shake my head when people go with a Quicken Trust or the generic Trust the Gunstore they buy their suppressor gives you. I think there is a conflict of interest there and are they going to represent you if the ATF determines your Trust is invalid down the road?
    I completely agree with you but out of curiosity how many times has the ATF gone back and determined a trust was invalid. I mean do they go back and loll over. A trust years later and go OMG this trust isn't right!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trusts are not that complicated, but the boilerplate ones typically don't have the correct language to handle what happens when the grantor dies and the beneficiary suddenly has a pile of title II firearms in their lap. If you're not careful, the beneficiary will have to file a form 5 for each item in the trust.

Edit: If you want an SBR, I don't know why you'd wait. Get a lower, test it out, and form 1 it. Takes 4-6 weeks and you can use it while you're waiting (just not on a short barreled upper, of course).
    Last edited by Slippers; 29 April 2015 at 10:54.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 1s are taking longer lately. Form 4s are still getting a little faster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Form 1s are taking longer lately. Form 4s are still getting a little faster.
    I just got one back a few weeks ago. Took 6 weeks.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads

41P Update

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I just got one back a few weeks ago. Took 6 weeks.
    I guess I'm unlucky then......2 submitted 2/19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I completely agree with you but out of curiosity how many times has the ATF gone back and determined a trust was invalid. I mean do they go back and loll over. A trust years later and go OMG this trust isn't right!?!
    It supposedly happened a couple of years ago with the Quicken trusts. All of a sudden a bunch of people were being notified that the trust was determined to not be valid in the eyes of the ATF. I've been reading some stuff over the last few months where some established FFLs have been saying this will probably be a much bigger issue in another 20 years or so when a bunch of people who have half-assed trusts start dying, for exactly the reason Slippers mentions. All of a sudden that M16 you want to buy isn't really owned by anyone anymore because the trust wasn't completed correctly. Obviously I'm over-simplifying it a little, but you get the point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got another lower to SBR, but it's still in the manufacturing phase. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to, but now I still may.