Downloads
    Uploads

Meprolight warranty?

I'm considering purchasing the meprolight tru-dot RDS but haven't read anything about the Meprolight warranty. Do they have one? Is it lifetime?

I know they are located somewhere overseas and import sights over here.

Reliable company?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mepro TRU-DOT RDS is manufactured by Meprolight in Israel and the US distributor is Mako. The warranty is only for one year, which is on the low end of the industry standard for similar optics. I don't know to what extent Mako will be able to service the RDS or if all repairs will require them to ship the optic back to Israel. In a similar fashion Aimpoint has a US location and will make some minor repairs there, but many require that they ship the optic back to Sweden. I had to send them a PRO not long ago, which was gone for about a month. EOTech (L3) is US based.

It can be argued that direct phone contact with customer service departments is preferable, but for convenience and documentation I often use email. In this regard, Mako has been terrible. My most recent inquiry sent to them was two weeks ago and no reply. Similar issues have been experienced in that past.

In a somewhat ironic twist, as I typed this my ASUS laptop died, so I guess I'll find out how their warranty coverage is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input!