Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Sparc

Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex Sparc

PSA has the Sparc on sale for 119.00 with free shipping for the next few hours. The code is "sparc"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow - that's a great price! I looked at the PSA page though and it says $159.99
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Wow - that's a great price! I looked at the PSA page though and it says $159.99
    You have to put the code in at checkout

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I see - dang, that is one great price for the Sparc. Free shipping too since it's over $100. Wish my Mastercard had that much space currently available.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tempting. Still waiting to pick up on either the Solar Holo or the PA.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sparc is a 2 MOA sight and this version has a built in 2x magnifier. Sure wish I had the cash.....

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's the first gen Sparc, while it's a great deal, they go on sale for close to that pretty often. And the 2X magnifier is all but useless FWIW.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    If it's the first gen Sparc, while it's a great deal, they go on sale for close to that pretty often. And the 2X magnifier is all but useless FWIW.
    I've never tried one. Why is the 2x magnifier all but useless?

Downloads
    Uploads
    some think it's useless because it Screws on and not good for close up shooting. It works fine for me. I am not going to battle in the near future so I don't need a swing out magnifier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A magnifier is for more accuracy shooting farther anyway. Seems like it would be fine for what it's intended for. Read a review on that Sparc version. The guy pretty much tried to destroy it. Started by submerging it in water for several hours. Buried it in snow overnight, froze it in the freezer, threw it in the air several times and threw it on the roof of his house for it to roll off of. It still worked. He put it on his gun, zeroed it, then hit it with a rubber mallet. Still held zero. I'd venture to say they are quite rugged.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One day if you actually own a SPARC, you'll realize the 2x magnifier that's included is completely worthless. It's blurry, and it's debatable whether it actually it provides magnification.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own one. I only used the magnifier when I zeroed it. It was fun to shot with. I have never used a magnifier before this. What sold me was the optic was pretty much dead on zero out of the box. I know this may have been a fluke but I was still pleased. I save the battle ready stuff for my work gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Tempting. Still waiting to pick up on either the Solar Holo or the PA.
    You and me both haha.

Although I will say, before I found out about either, the SPARC was what I was leaning towards purchasing. Pretty decent price for what you get IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    You and me both haha.

Although I will say, before I found out about either, the SPARC was what I was leaning towards purchasing. Pretty decent price for what you get IMO.
    my wife "bought" me one last october when PSA has this same deal. It is great optic for the price. I have it on my 300blk SBR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    my wife "bought" me one last october when PSA has this same deal. It is great optic for the price. I have it on my 300blk SBR
    ... if only the Gen 2 would go down that cheap ... then we'd be talking.