Downloads
    Uploads

My Breacheing tools can save lives.

Many here know about my medical issues limiting my ability to make knives. I am making a few here and there to survive for now. I am determined to get healthy again and have insurance and a team of heart doctors and lawyers helping. So with time I should be back on my feat.
    When able to make blades full again I want to concentrate on the Brain Breacher line of portable breaching tools. These are not "tactical tomahawks" they are purpose made breaching tools. I want to get these in the hands of first responders, military, leo's any concerned citizen who is serious about being prepared. These are life saving tools.
    I know there are many here that have years of experience and I trust your opinions. Please can I get your input? I know there is limited ability to judge something of this nature without actually using it. However, if you have any suggestions or critiques I would greatly appreciate your input?
    I am planning on making more this summer. All field testing has come back with great results. The only change as of now is that I will be using black oxide 1/4" nut and bolt. These won't look as nice as the standoff and buttonhead screws but will be extremely strong.
    They are made from 1/4" 1095 heat treated to 55rc, this is softer than knives, this allows for a higher degree of pliability in the steel. They undergo a cryogenic treatment. 1095 is very strong. I will have them black oxide treated and do the tiger strip finish also. I may try a couple other "coatings" in the future but I don't think anything will hold up to the use these are made for.
    Not sure when I will be able to get these out as my health is still not very good ad I am basically penniless. Looking at it as time to plan for production. Thanks guys

Limited holes for strength
    Mod1
    The Mod 1 is the largest and still very portable.

Mod2

Mod3

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking tools. A serrated section toward the handle would be nice on the longer blades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mod 1 seems like it would be the best all around breeching tool. The two main functions are chopping with the long blade and prying by using the flat "top blade." correct?

If you are pyring by using the top end, I would look at are making sure the metal in that area is thin enough to allow the blade to well inserted into a crack... I can't really tell if it is already that way by just looking at the pictures.

The only other thing I can think of is making sure the metail will not shatter/snap in the handle portion, when prying. I'm by no means well educated in metalurgy so I'm assuming the material you are using is g2g in that respect.

Mod 1 seems like a well thought out design. My big question when looking at breeching tools is weight. Do you have an estimate on what you expect the final products to come in at?

edit: maybe incorperate some kind of saw teeth for cutting?