Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked it with the complete upper as it was and the lower in black
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I still can't get over how thick that barrel is, that would have gagged Linda Lovelace.
    This is the kind of pointless weight that I abhor. I don't see the point of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    Okay. I weighed the two SBR uppers. All optics, BUIS, charging handles and BCGs were removed. The MKM has Knights URX 4 rail covers. The WarSport has one 5" rail with the Magpul hand stop and one 3" rail with the flashlight removed.

Mega MKM upper with mil-spec forward assist and dust cover. The rail is the MKM 9" rail. Barrel is a Rainier Arms UltraMatch 10.5" with a Syrac gas block, gas tube and a Lantac Dragon on the end.

CMT UHP-1 upper with mil-spec forward assist and dust cover. Rail is the WarSport 12.75" rail and there 12.75" barrel along with the WarSport gas block and gas tube with a BattleComp 1.5 (I think) on the end. It weighed in at 4lbs 6oz.

So there's well over a pound difference. Almost a pound a half.
    Wow I thought my BCM BFH 11.5 barrel was beefy...Just to compare my 16" CHF Noveske upper with 15" NSR rail weighs exactly the same 4lb 6oz

.3 MOA groups are amazing for an SBR! But personally I only need my 12.5 upper to do maybe 3.0 MOA to be effective in its intended role... It might not be what you wanna hear but maybe while you have her ripped apart try and find a different barrel if your looking to lighten the load. I'm sure some warsport/accuracy junkie would pay a pretty penny for a rare barrel like that
    Last edited by DutyUse; 13 May 2015 at 04:33.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually go a different direction than most people. I don't mind the extra weight. I'll take the accuracy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rock on garth! Different strokes I guess

Curious, what'd you guess the rail alone weighs? Always thought that was one of the prominent features of the Warsports

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay. I weighed the two SBR uppers. All optics, BUIS, charging handles and BCGs were removed. The MKM has Knights URX 4 rail covers. The WarSport has one 5" rail with the Magpul hand stop and one 3" rail with the flashlight removed.

Mega MKM upper with mil-spec forward assist and dust cover. The rail is the MKM 9" rail. Barrel is a Rainier Arms UltraMatch 10.5" with a Syrac gas block, gas tube and a Lantac Dragon on the end.

CMT UHP-1 upper with mil-spec forward assist and dust cover. Rail is the WarSport 12.75" rail and there 12.75" barrel along with the WarSport gas block and gas tube with a BattleComp 1.5 (I think) on the end. It weighed in at 4lbs 6oz.

So there's well over a pound difference. Almost a pound a half.
    I actually go a different direction than most people. I don't mind the extra weight. I'll take the accuracy.
    With it weighing 4lbs 6oz without BCG and CH for the upper. I'd like to see how much it weighs here.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of a rifle with a little extra heft, but is this SBR configuration over 12lbs? If she is people are gonna call you a chubby chaser.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Rock on garth! Different strokes I guess

Curious, what'd you guess the rail alone weighs? Always thought that was one of the prominent features of the Warsports
    You know, I'm not too sure what the rail would weight. I'll take some pics tonight as the rail is pretty impressive. The entire bottom rib is pretty thick. It's a hell for stout rail. I would GUESS that the rail is maybe..10oz. I don't know. I'm not real good at this stuff. But what I can do for you is pull the rail off and give you an exact weight, if you'd like. It's really simple to pull off.

With it weighing 4lbs 6oz without BCG and CH for the upper. I'd like to see how much it weighs here.

Is this SBR configuration over 12lbs?

Hmmmm. I'm not too sure. It's heavy - no doubt. I know it's too heavy for the wife to comfortable carry it. I would say you're probably correct. I would guess the 9-11lbs range but as I said above, I'm terrible with guessing weights. I'll weigh the entire gun for you. My good scale max's out at 11lbs. So if it's over 11 it will read "ERR". If that happens I'll hop on the fat-boy scale without the gun and then with the gun and get at least a pound rating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't too bothered by it. All of the gas blocks I use (Usually Syrac adjustables) aren't pinned in place and I've never had a problem over thousands and thousands of rounds.
    I have seen clamp on and set screw blocks on a dimpled barrel shift running a can. 2k for an upper and no pinned block is outrageous IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey bro thats a sick build regardless the final weight tally...and my hats off going the extra mile ripping her down JUST to stuff it all back in a matching CMT. Just don't see guys go that direction with SBR's often... but honestly it makes perfect sense. Short, thick barrel will no doubt have less whip. I rarely take people at their word for accuracy claims unless I see THEM pull it off in person or video, but in this case I have no doubts. You've got me psyched honestly, because my first stamp should hopefully be back any day now and I can't wait to quit "pretending" with pistols and finally be able to show off some cool builds

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm. I'm not too sure. It's heavy - no doubt. I know it's too heavy for the wife to comfortable carry it. I would say you're probably correct. I would guess the 9-11lbs range but as I said above, I'm terrible with guessing weights. I'll weigh the entire gun for you. My good scale max's out at 11lbs. So if it's over 11 it will read "ERR". If that happens I'll hop on the fat-boy scale without the gun and then with the gun and get at least a pound rating.
    I think you're gonna get an "ERR".
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Hey bro thats a sick build regardless the final weight tally...and my hats off going the extra mile ripping her down JUST to stuff it all back in a matching CMT. Just don't see guys go that direction with SBR's often... but honestly it makes perfect sense. Short, thick barrel will no doubt have less whip. I rarely take people at their word for accuracy claims unless I see THEM pull it off in person or video, but in this case I have no doubts. You've got me psyched honestly, because my first stamp should hopefully be back any day now and I can't wait to quit "pretending" with pistols and finally be able to show off some cool builds
    I'm kind of really OCD when it comes to my ARs, even if I'm building one for a friend or whatever. Things have to be just so and mis-matched receivers drive me insane. I know Mr. Cross pretty well and we both have a machining and manufacturing background and we've talked extensively about the machining that goes into the CMT set and it's nothing short of impressive that he's doing what he's doing for the price he's doing it. As far as SBRs go...I absolutely love them. I did my first built SBR about a year ago and got bit by the bug. Now every lower that I get is Form 1 and the ARs I already have were Form 1 as well. Kinda got bit by the SBR bug really badly. What's worse is I COULD just build uppers for 1 or 2 lowers but I never do that. I always build a complete gun. Is what it is. Thanks for the compliments!

I think you're gonna get an "ERR".
    You're probably right. We'll see this afternoon. I'll put money on 10-11. Somewhere in that range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's worse is I COULD just build uppers for 1 or 2 lowers but I never do that. I always build a complete gun. Is what it is.
    What's wrong with that?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I have seen clamp on and set screw blocks on a dimpled barrel shift running a can. 2k for an upper and no pinned block is outrageous IMO.
    My Green gun has a dual set screw gas block and it's pretty much full time suppressed with almost 8,000 rounds down it with no issues. But I take the time to make the dimple actually the size of the screw instead of this little bitty prick on the barrel and create a second one so both screws are fully in the barrel and then everything gets some RockSet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's wrong with that?
    Nothing...I just don't seem to do that. Every upper has a lower and every lower has an upper. I'm still hoping someday I can find a damn WarSport lower. If I do I'll probably find a way to get another WarSport upper...it's a vicious cycle and I know how I am. LOL...which is flat broke all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaron I just saw your CMT ambi video on CMT's Facebook page. What mag catch is that in the video?
    flickr
    facebook