Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Aaron I just saw your CMT ambi video on CMT's Facebook page. What mag catch is that in the video?
    That's a Forward Controls Design ABC/R bolt catch. In my opinion it's the best catch on the market. You can't really appreciate it until you get one installed on your gun and operate it a few times. Even though it looks awesome, in use is when it really shines.

Roger, the owner of FCD, is on this forum. I think his name is Duffy. Super cool dude. He's the guy I got this WarSport upper from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    That's a Forward Controls Design ABC/R bolt catch. In my opinion it's the best catch on the market. You can't really appreciate it until you get one installed on your gun and operate it a few times. Even though it looks awesome, in use is when it really shines.

Roger, the owner of FCD, is on this forum. I think his name is Duffy. Super cool dude. He's the guy I got this WarSport upper from.
    The mag catch, not the bolt catch.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh. Sorry. It's a Strike Industries catch and Battle Arms button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaron you should post that pic to our FB page. I'm sure Jeff at CMT would love to see this beauty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Aaron you should post that pic to our FB page. I'm sure Jeff at CMT would love to see this beauty.
    CMT has already reposted it on IG :p
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    CMT has already reposted it on IG :p
    I would know that how?

Besides, the guy running our Instagram is pretty worthless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would know that how?

It was last updated when? 29 weeks ago and 11 weeks between the last and next to last lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    It was last updated when? 29 weeks ago and 11 weeks between the last and next to last lol...
    Yeah one of the other mods who rarely logs in, took it upon himself to start the instagram page, and then... did nothing with it. None of the other staff know the log in or passwords. Pretty awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah one of the other mods who rarely logs in, took it upon himself to start the instagram page, and then... did nothing with it. None of the other staff know the log in or passwords. Pretty awesome.
    Bwahahaha I know that feeling. When I was doing the shirt thing my sister decided she was gonna be our "marketing manager" she started the IG page and then forgot how to log in so we had to make a new one when I decide to make one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah. Jeff is an awesome dude. We shoot the sh*t at least a few times a week. He helped talk me into using my latest CMT set on this WarSport build. This CMT set was supposed to go to the wife to build her an SBR...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll fully admit that I'm completely an Instagram whore...

UWone77, Which picture would you like me to post? I'll go throw it up there. I need to wip out the DSLR and take some good pics but it's not where I want it to be yet so i'm trying not to whore..it..out..yeeeaaaah

Okay. I weighed the WarSport / CMT fully dressed with a loaded Hexmag.

9lbs 13.10oz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would know that how?

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Mary Poppin's lover would be good for WEVO IG.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Mary Poppin's lover would be good for WEVO IG.
    Haha!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slight update for this guy. Finally got the lower engraved. It's going this weekend for Cerakote on the upper / lower / rail. I've also got a Lantac E-BCG for it. I'm thinking I'm going to pull the BattleComp 1.5 off this thing and throw on an AAC 51T QD brake so I can run my suppressors on it. I've yet to see someone running a suppressed LVOA. I'm also going to pull the factory "tuned" gas block and throw on a Syrac Adjustable gas block so I can turn the gas down for running suppressed (and without) and really set the system up to be a top performer.

Also, I've been busy with work but I'll pull the rail off for your guys tonight and weigh it. Anyone want weights of anything else? Barrel or anything? It's got to come out anyway so I don't mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, another cool thing. I don't like the SI magazine release very much on this thing. Cross Machine Tool removed the gates around the magazine release baron their ambi lowers for some reason, so when depressing the longer Battle Arms EMR the magazine release all the way, the arm can free swing causing the release not to reset. If you don't press the button too hard it's not an issue, but it's a failure point that needs to be removed. I figure either the hole on the EMR isn't tapped deep enough or the threaded lever on the arm is a little too long. Either way, it's an issue. A Mil-Spec magazine release causes the same issue - so it's not an EMR problem. So, I've been thinking about how to solve this. I could always just chop the threaded arm on the magazine release and bring the assembly in the small distance it needs to come so I'm going to try that tonight and see how it works. In the mean time I've started modeling a new magazine release based off of the CMT lower dimensions. In my mind and my design the release sits flush with the outer limits of the body when at rest but on activation has a small protrusion that keeps this problem I am seeing from happening. I also think the Mil-Spec releases are two piece and my design is a solid piece. Is it the easiest and cheapest way to solve this problem? No...but what the hell.