Downloads
    Uploads

Forge mark I haven't seen before

Just got a WAR Upper from UWone, and it has a circle for a forge mark. My last IA War upper has the Anchor Harvey split A, and I've got the Keyhole on other uppers and have had the Colt C. But never seen the Circle before and can't find anything on the internet about it. Apparently PSA is using it a lot more lately.

Anyone know the source of the aluminum forging?

Can't see the mark in this picture, but here is the WAR Upper with the Parallax Tactical FFSSR I won for the Veteran's Day giveaway. Looking at getting an OIF Veteran lower by PSA for Father's Day and hopefully a barrel soon after that.

Here's an example

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just looked on PSA's site and the picture of the upper receiver there shows no forge mark.

So, maybe I'm anal retentive a bit or something, so I delved a little farther... This has been brought up a couple times in AR15.com. One guy contacted PSA and this was the answer he got:

I apologize that I am not able to answer your question fully due to it being proprietary information. I unfortunately cannot release any information as to who forged the receiver. Thank you for your business and have a good day.

I did a bit of further checking. There is a company in Orange Ca. that does aluminum forging and is a division of Gel Industries. The name is Quality Aluminum Forge. That's the only forging company I found not in the listings.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I talked to the owner of Innovative Arms and they are sourcing their uppers from AO Precision...Phillip said they used a different company for a minute (after switching from the AH forges but the quality was poor). The AO sourced upper looks great

He didn't have info on the forge mark itself, but I bet I can track it down now

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a large run of 80% lower/upper sets all over this area during the last panic that were imports from the Alibaba forge. All the uppers had the "zero" forge marks. I assumed the uppers were imports also but not positive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know if anybody ever found out, but I just ran across the info. The circle forge mark is from Performance Forge which is actually a fairly new company.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The California piston company? If so they are likely the best forgings made. Ex Alcoa guy IIRC.